Is this enough to get out of a contract?

I was able to get out of an ATT contract a while back because they changed
the cost of 411. It is actually happening again at ATT, which sparked me to
look at my VZW bill and see if I could get out. I saw this:

"FUSC Change
On July 1, the Federal Universal Service Charge-FUSC- will change to 1.95
percent of
assessable wireless charges. The FUSC is a Verizon Wireless charge that
recovers
government mandated costs and is subject to change each calendar quarter
based on an
FCC assessment rate. For more details about the FUSC, please call
1-888-684-1888."

Is this enough to get out of a contract?

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

Why do you think you can get out of a contract due to what you relayed?

Based on the information you provided, it flat out says that this fee is
"subject to change each calendar quarter". So it's not as if one can expect
the fee to never change, they tell you it will quarterly as the FCC rate
changes.

Keep looking I think.

"Halogen8" <lagreca@googles.email.service.com> wrote in message
> I was able to get out of an ATT contract a while back because they changed
> the cost of 411. It is actually happening again at ATT, which sparked me
> look at my VZW bill and see if I could get out. I saw this:
>
> "FUSC Change
> On July 1, the Federal Universal Service Charge-FUSC- will change to 1.95
> percent of
> assessable wireless charges. The FUSC is a Verizon Wireless charge that
> recovers
> government mandated costs and is subject to change each calendar quarter
> based on an
> FCC assessment rate. For more details about the FUSC, please call
> 1-888-684-1888."
>
> Is this enough to get out of a contract?

"Halogen8" <lagreca@googles.email.service.com> wrote in message
> I was able to get out of an ATT contract a while back because they changed
> the cost of 411. It is actually happening again at ATT, which sparked me
> look at my VZW bill and see if I could get out. I saw this:
>
> "FUSC Change
> On July 1, the Federal Universal Service Charge-FUSC- will change to 1.95
> percent of
> assessable wireless charges. The FUSC is a Verizon Wireless charge that
> recovers
> government mandated costs and is subject to change each calendar quarter
> based on an
> FCC assessment rate. For more details about the FUSC, please call
> 1-888-684-1888."
>
> Is this enough to get out of a contract?

Read your contract.

Our Rights To Make Changes
Your service is subject to our business policies, practices, and procedures,
which we can change without notice. WE CAN ALSO CHANGE PRICES AND ANY OTHER
TERMS IN THIS AGREEMENT AT ANY TIME BY GIVING YOU WRITTEN NOTICE PRIOR TO
THE BILLING PERIOD IN WHICH THE CHANGES WOULD GO INTO EFFECT. IF YOU CHOOSE
TO USE YOUR SERVICE AFTER THAT POINT, YOU'RE ACCEPTING THE CHANGES. IF THE
CHANGES HAVE A MATERIAL ADVERSE EFFECT ON YOU, HOWEVER, YOU CAN END THE
AFFECTED SERVICE, WITHOUT ANY EARLY TERMINATION FEE, JUST BY CALLING US
WITHIN 30 DAYS AFTER THE FIRST BILL WHEN THE CHANGES GO INTO EFFECT.

"Halogen8" <lagreca@googles.email.service.com> wrote in message news:<C3gUc.9862$yh.5803@fed1read05>...
> I was able to get out of an ATT contract a while back because they changed
> the cost of 411. It is actually happening again at ATT, which sparked me to
> look at my VZW bill and see if I could get out. I saw this:
>
> "FUSC Change
> On July 1, the Federal Universal Service Charge-FUSC- will change to 1.95
> percent of
> assessable wireless charges. The FUSC is a Verizon Wireless charge that
> recovers
> government mandated costs and is subject to change each calendar quarter
> based on an
> FCC assessment rate. For more details about the FUSC, please call
> 1-888-684-1888."
>
> Is this enough to get out of a contract?

YES!! I JUST GOT OUT OF MY CONTRACT! CHANGING THE PRICE OF 411 DOES
INFACT CHANGE THE AGREEMENT. YOU NEED TO LOOK AT PARAGRAPHS 6 AND 14
OF THE ATTWIRELESS CUSTOMER AGREEMENT. I CALLED IN ASKED TO SPEAK TO
A SUPERVISOR. REP ASKED WHY, AND I TOLD HER I WANTED OUT WITH NO ETF
CAUSE THE PRICE CHANGED. SHE LAUGHED... TOLD ME I DIDN'T NEED A
SUPERVISOR FOR THIS. SHE DID IT RIGHT OVER THE PHONE NO QUESTIONS
ASKED. I ASKED HER WHY THIS WAS SO EASY? TOLD ME THAT SHE'D ALREADY
DONE 3 TODAY. GIVE IT A SHOT.

In article <Xns95486854313E3hghtghff@199.184.165.239>,
Gordy <kg0wx@IHATESPAMyahoo.com> wrote:

> You are a fruitcake.

I don't know about that... I had a friend who got out of 2 contracts -
one with Sprint and one with T-Mobile without paying a penny.

He asked to terminate his service. They asked him to pay the early
termination fee.

He asked them to send him a copy of the contract he signed with the
terms spelled out. They refused.

He refused to pay them, and they eventually left him alone. In fact,
Sprint told him right out that they don't keep copies of individual user
contracts - just business accounts.

Now, this goes back about 4 years... Things may (and probably have)
changed.

Fred

--
"Light moves faster than sound. That's why some
folks appear bright until you hear them speak..."

Upset <cgive@hotmail.com> wrote:

> YES!! I JUST GOT OUT OF MY CONTRACT! CHANGING THE PRICE OF 411 DOES
> INFACT CHANGE THE AGREEMENT. YOU NEED TO LOOK AT PARAGRAPHS 6 AND 14
> OF THE ATTWIRELESS CUSTOMER AGREEMENT. I CALLED IN ASKED TO SPEAK TO
> A SUPERVISOR. REP ASKED WHY, AND I TOLD HER I WANTED OUT WITH NO ETF
> CAUSE THE PRICE CHANGED. SHE LAUGHED... TOLD ME I DIDN'T NEED A
> SUPERVISOR FOR THIS. SHE DID IT RIGHT OVER THE PHONE NO QUESTIONS
> ASKED. I ASKED HER WHY THIS WAS SO EASY? TOLD ME THAT SHE'D ALREADY
> DONE 3 TODAY. GIVE IT A SHOT.

Umm.

This is the Verizon newsgroup and we weren't talking about ATTWS.