nForce3 Ultra or VIA K8T800 pro

schuy1

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2004
I am rebuilding my system (sock 754 a64 3000) and am wanting your vauled opinions as to wich chipset I should run with, I am a big asus fan, but I do not have an issue with other makers (just preference). I have heard pros and cons for both and I am torn between the A8V Deluxe from asus, or giga-bytes ga-k8nsp 939 ultra (nForce3). I know that the Nforce4 chipset should be coming our way shortly, but I just shelled out some cash for a nice agp card, and wouldnt be upgrading the board for at least a year and an half. Thanks for all your input !!!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
NF3U

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

endyen

Splendid
I have the Asus K8N deluxe, and am very happy with it. The non-deluxe version is a better deal pricewise, I would have that instead, but got mine before it was released.

schuy1

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2004
Thanks to endyen, and crashman. I was curious endyen, I know that the NF3U has a agp/pci lock, and was curious as to if your asus board supported the same feature. (it's kind of a nesecity, due to the fact that I oc my gaming rigs)Thanks again to you both.