What do i need for xbox360 live

Hello,
i was wondering wat all do i need for xbox-360 live
6 answers Last reply
More about what xbox360 live
  1. AS far as what?

Really to get Live all you need is a high speed (at least DSL) internet connection.

However, additional expenses are:

$50 / yr for the gold service (which you will probably want)
    If your box is not the new "slim" variant then you need either a Cat5 Network cable or their BS overpriced wireless adapter ($100).

That should be all.
  2. Don't be macking the wireless adapter! Easier for me to get that than to have to run 100 feet of CAT5 through my walls, drill holes, etc.
  3. NO Category 5E or Category 6 or 7! I though entry level was 5e UTP
  4. To fully enjoy XBOX live here is what you need:
    (This kit here is only $54 and you get a year of gold, a headset (a must) plus the keypad, which is pretty useful if you use your xbox a lot.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874103115&cm_re=xbox_live-_-74-103-115-_-Product
    or if you want you can just get the gold membership, but it's only 15 bucks cheaper.

Also you will need a broadband internet connection. If you also have a computer that you want to be online at the same time you'll need a router/switch with Cat5 or wireless for both!
  5. borisof007 said:
    Don't be macking the wireless adapter! Easier for me to get that than to have to run 100 feet of CAT5 through my walls, drill holes, etc.

If you don't have a router in the same room then yes, it is necessary, however to charge a Franklin for it is outrageous.
  6. A alternate to the wireless adaptor is attaching a laptop on wireless internet to the Xbox with a Cat5 cable. Then, on the laptop you add the wireless network and local area network to a network bridge, and tada, your xbox has free(er?) wireless internet.
Ask a new question

Read More

Console Gaming Xbox 360 Video Games Product