Cheapest 802.11b bridge?

I have several dispersed wired devices I'd like to convert to
wireless, each with its own bridge. What's the cheapest 802.11b
client bridge out there at the moment? Somebody was unloading the
now-discontinued D-Link DWL-810 (no plus) for about $25 awhile back,
but they seem to be all gone. Any other candidates?

Why would you want 802.11b? You should get 802.11g. I know
there is backwards compatibility, but when one device on an 802.11g
network is operating at 11 Mb/s, all of your 802.11g network members
drop their operating speeds to 11 Mb/s. Having that on your network
is a liability if you plan to use 802.11g later.

Fred

Fred Atkinson wrote:

> Why would you want 802.11b? You should get 802.11g. I know
> there is backwards compatibility, but when one device on an 802.11g
> network is operating at 11 Mb/s, all of your 802.11g network members
> drop their operating speeds to 11 Mb/s. Having that on your network
> is a liability if you plan to use 802.11g later.

> Fred

Sometimes to have ANY connection is more important than the difference
between 11 and 54. Besides, money seems to really matter to the OP, so I
would advise him to visit Tigerdirect.com store. These guys are running
all kinds of promotions all the time, and I was able to snatch all kinds
of nice deals on computer- and network-related equipment.

Unfortunately, they do not have any promotions
in the Wireless Bridges section
(http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/category/category_slc.asp?CatId=1594)
right this moment, but you may want to check back regularily or sign up
for their updates or check out those "overstock" or "open box" sections of
the site.

And then there is always eBay, right?

--
Dmitri Abaimov, RCDD
http://www.cabling-design.com

http://www.cabling-design.com/forums
alt.internet.wireless - 1894 messages and counting!