Aaaah! HELP my computer games are failing!

Klosteral

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2009
Help!

(05/Mar/2010) It all started after I bought Battlefield: Bad Company 2, when the audio - for that game only - became staticy. Then it went on to "infect" all of my EA games ( Need For Speed: Most Wanted, Battlefield 2142, Battlefield Heroes ). After that it went on to other software. Halo 2 for Windows Vista stopped working, then Nexon's Combat Arms.

(21/Mar/2010) At this stage I am getting pretty worried.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 was still working.

(07/Jul/2010) Steam has decided that "The Steam servers are too busy to handle my request" and so I cannot run Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. I have reinstalled Steam with no dice and halfway through trying to reinstall MW2, Steam decided "The Steam servers are too busy to handle my request" and the installation was cancelled.

(08/Jul/2010) I am pretty annoyed and confused.

FYI: I have Trend Micro Internet Security Pro 2010 active (All Windows security services that are user-accessible have been disabled. Trend Micro says my computer is clean.

Any assistance? If I cannot resolve this issue by the weekend (10/Jul/2010) I am wiping clean my "C" drive and reinstalling Windows.

Bostick

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
A way I've found from searching is - remove the file clientregistry.blob in Steam directory and then restart steam and let it update. If that doesn't work then try re-installing Steam, then re-install your games.

Hope it works :)

Klosteral

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2009
Ehh... the problem seems to have degraded...

Now Steam does not think MW2 is installed (even though the files haven't moved) and when I try to install it again, the instalation hangs about half way through with the same "busy servers" error.

I have spent all of today making backups of all my files and I plan to reinstall windows. Still the 32 bit version though... I do not want to lose use of most of my programs just yet.

dokk2

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2007
!,Try a different anti virus like AVIRA get the free one it's rated #2 in effectiveness 98%....
2,Is that ram 2x2 or 4x1 if 4x1 then you may have timing problems,if 2x2 then make sure that your mobo is seeing what it says on the tin, and go from there...:)