I am sharing a house with a PS2 jockey, who has all these fond memories of
Doom and Doom2. He was pretty keen to have a go at D3, so eventually I got
the game and set it up. He wanted me to set the mouse so when he moved the
mouse left or right he would strafe that way. I couldn't do that, but I
thought OK(!?), and did the best I could.
Since then I have only seen him play the game for a few minutes (assumed he
was playing when I'm not around). The other night one of his PS2 friends
came around and was interested, so started playing the game. When his friend
asked him if he had finished the game he replied;

"I only played a few minutes and got bored. You have to look up and down as
well, you didn't need to do that in the original Doom...."
ROTFLMFAO!!

I don't even think he got out of the first building. Even his friend got
lost in the first building, on the first level.

and they say console games are dumbed down... ;-)

shawk

"Blahguy" <z@z.z> wrote in message
>I am sharing a house with a PS2 jockey, who has all these fond memories of
>Doom and Doom2. He was pretty keen to have a go at D3, so eventually I got
>the game and set it up. He wanted me to set the mouse so when he moved the
>mouse left or right he would strafe that way. I couldn't do that, but I
>thought OK(!?), and did the best I could.
> Since then I have only seen him play the game for a few minutes (assumed
> he was playing when I'm not around). The other night one of his PS2
> friends came around and was interested, so started playing the game. When
> his friend asked him if he had finished the game he replied;
>
> "I only played a few minutes and got bored. You have to look up and down
> as well, you didn't need to do that in the original Doom...."
> ROTFLMFAO!!
>
> I don't even think he got out of the first building. Even his friend got
> lost in the first building, on the first level.
>
> and they say console games are dumbed down... ;-)

Excellent story - luv it! Cheers :)