HS820 headset and V710

I've recently purchased both, but my V710 cannot sense the HS820 Bluetooth
headset. My Pocket PC is picking up my phone just fine, so I figured the
problem was with the headset itself. I brought it into VZW and they
couldn't figure it out either. They said that many people were having the
same problem, and haven't seen it work for anyone. Are we just doing
something wrong, or is there an actual bug with these two components?
Hopefully it's something that can be fixed with the next firmware? I've
since returned the HS820 headset...
--
Charles C. Shyu
http://home.earthlink.net/~shyuc/shyu.html

Bugs, bugs, bugs, bugs, bugs....hence the V720 coming out eventually.

"Charles C. Shyu" <charles_shyu@nymc.edu> wrote in message
> I've recently purchased both, but my V710 cannot sense the HS820 Bluetooth
> headset. My Pocket PC is picking up my phone just fine, so I figured the
> problem was with the headset itself. I brought it into VZW and they
> couldn't figure it out either. They said that many people were having the
> same problem, and haven't seen it work for anyone. Are we just doing
> something wrong, or is there an actual bug with these two components?
> Hopefully it's something that can be fixed with the next firmware? I've
> since returned the HS820 headset...
> --
> Charles C. Shyu
> http://home.earthlink.net/~shyuc/shyu.html

tech

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2003

Been using both for 2 weeks - work great ! To get the headset to link with
the phone: First power off the headset with the power/answer button. Then
you must put the headset in discover mode by holding the power/answer button
down till the blue Led stays lit all the time.This may take up to 10
seconds. Then press the menu button on the V710, press the down button down
twice. You should be in settings-press select. press up key once-you should
be at connection-press select. Press select twice more-you should be in
handsfree under bluetooth-press select once more. At this point the phone
will san and find the headset- it should say Motorola HS820- press select.
It will then ask you if you want to bond with Motorola HS 820- select yes.
Then it will ask for you to enter Bluetooth Pasekey- enter 0000 then select
OK. It will verify pin and pair to the headset. Blue led on headset will now
be flashing. It is ready to go. This also works with Jabra Bluetooth
headset.

In article <0LAUc.1300$2L3.984@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
"Tech" <Tech@Juno.com> wrote:

> To get the headset to link with the phone: First power off the
> headset with the power/answer button.

<snip>

Do you have to do this every time you turn the headset on, or is it a
one-time thing?

Also, what happens if you try to mate the phone with both a headset and
the hands-free feature of a car? How does it know which to mate with if
both it and the headset are in the car?

--
Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Vote for John Kerry.

Weren't you the one that kept saying over and over that the V710 wouldn't be
out until Christmas-time?
--
Charles C. Shyu
http://home.earthlink.net/~shyuc/shyu.html

"Killer Madness" <killer@nospam.net> wrote in message
> Bugs, bugs, bugs, bugs, bugs....hence the V720 coming out eventually.

tech

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2003

Nope
> Weren't you the one that kept saying over and over that the V710 wouldn't
be
> out until Christmas-time?
> --
> Charles C. Shyu
> http://home.earthlink.net/~shyuc/shyu.html
>
> "Killer Madness" <killer@nospam.net> wrote in message
> > Bugs, bugs, bugs, bugs, bugs....hence the V720 coming out eventually.

tech

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2003

Its a one time thing. I do not know about all cars but in both a Lexus and
Acura I had to turn then headset off for the car to "see" the phone.

In article <%fDUc.1409$2L3.1124@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
"Tech" <Tech@Juno.com> wrote:

> Its a one time thing. I do not know about all cars but in both a
> Lexus and Acura I had to turn then headset off for the car to "see"
> the phone.

Thanks.

--
Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Vote for John Kerry.