Your question

MOBOS ASUS P4C800 DELUXE OR P4C800 E- DELUXE

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Asus
  • Performance
Last response: in Motherboards
December 1, 2004 1:44:51 PM

Hello Friends, I plan to buy the Mobo Asus P4C800 Deluxe or P4C800 e- Deluxe, I don't plan to make overcloking,How it is the performance in general, stability and quality of this mobos Asus.
Thank you.

More about : mobos asus p4c800 deluxe p4c800 deluxe

December 1, 2004 2:31:42 PM

That is a good board, but I like the features, speed and stability of the Gigabyte 8KNXP ultra personally.

<font color=red><pre>\\//__________________________________
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>
a b V Motherboard
December 2, 2004 5:31:24 AM

Both version have the same defective voltage regulator for the CPU. I'd suggest a less expensive board with similar features such as the Abit IS7.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
Related resources
December 2, 2004 2:33:00 PM

Best mobo for the money. Abit IS7. Hands down. :smile:
December 2, 2004 11:35:16 PM

I had some seriouse problem with ASUS P4C800/P4P800 boards. My config was:

P4 3.0C
Corsiar XMS 3200 512X2 2-3-3-6
ASUS 9600XT
Audigy 2 ZS
Zalman 400W power supply

After 1 week, system reboots constantly when using internet---once every few minutes (I tried both p4p/p4c). I did some research online, many people have this problem with 865/875 boards. The cause is the conflict between XP and HT---although XP was supposed to be the only OS that takes advantage of HT. When using IE, somehow CPU usage will go up to 100% and system reboots. Microsoft admitted that this is a bug in XP and it should be fixed by SP2--this is from Microsoft Knowledge Base.

Solitions:
- XP SP2
- Win 2K
- Use other browsers
- Turn off HT in bios (I tried this and it worked)
- Disable onboard NIC and use add-on NIC (I tried, but it didnt work)
- Do not use certain firewalls.

The reboot happens randomly on different systems, some systems just never have this problem. At that time, I didnt want to wait for XP SP2, so I jsut changed to an MSI 865PE board and I NEVER had any problem with it (Hey, this board is also a THG award winner for its superior performance http://www6.tomshardware.com/motherboard/20030707/i875p... )

I really like ASUS motherboards, but I dont know why these 2 boards didnt work for me--actually this is not a ASUS problem, but an XP/HT problem. You can try it, maybe you wont have any problem with it :D  (if you did, u have a backup plan here: MSI)

hf gl

CREATIVE GIGAWORKS S500
AUDIGY 2 ZS
Zalman CNPS7000B-AlCu
Zalman 400W (ZM400B-APF)
Corsair XMS 512Mx2 2-3-3-6
MSI 865PE
ASUS 9600XT
P4 3.0C
December 10, 2004 6:43:59 PM

I have been running asus p4c800e on a p4 prescott since about june, almost 24/7 except for reboots of course usually every 2/3 days...this has been the most stable computer I have ever seen, never crashed once, not even the stupid lil not responding things have happened..i used the bios to do a 10% overclock from 2.8 to 3.07Ghz using the options you are given in the bios rather than changing settings manually and that worked great too, although really i dont need the overclock, board and computer in general is stable as a rock.
I would definitely recommend the p4c800e to anyone looking for a solid mobo
December 10, 2004 8:03:02 PM

Got the p4c800-e
Great board got my 3.2e at 4.0
No complains very happy had board since about 2 weeks since it came out (probably a year by now) It suited me well with a northwood and now with a prescott
The faulty voltage thingy doesnt let you use more than 1.6 volts

<A HREF="http://www.freewebs.com/lb19984/" target="_new">My Rig</A>
!