Crysis??worst game ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

roxer

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2010
Yup, thats what it says, worst game ever. I have been trying to run it successfully, and you know what? It wont. I get to a certain stage- aircraft carrier- and it drops the framerate so long i need a calender to follow it. Thats with everything off, on low, and 800x600. Sorry, but if you produce a game, make it run! Its not my computer, that much I do know, so it boild down to a game thats too highly strung. I am happy that there are options, but this is just a joke. So, worst game ever? Yup, far and away. Think minesweeper is looking good now. If this is the way things are going, then I have no interest at all. Lots of peeps will disagree, but try it before you get carried away. And yes, I have been running on medium settings happily until now. :pfff:

purplerat

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
Of course there is no way possible it's your PC. Never mind the fact that people (like me) were running that game at decent frame rates with higher settings 2 years ago. Forget Minesweeper, I think you need to give up PC gaming altogether and go buy a Wii.

Dane Bouwer

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
Crysis? Worst game ever? What hogwash!! what you gonna say next? that there's no santa clause? please!!!

well, if you're use to running games at medium settings all your life, with your medium computer, and your medium blog, try stick to medium games and medium quality settings... because Crysis is a great game, that, yes, needs a great computer, and has great great great visuals....

once you play the game the way it should be played, you'll soon change your mind soon!!!

it will be cheaper to buy a PS3, than to upgrade the way you describe your ordeal, besides, Crysis 2 will be coming out on PS3...

enjoy....

namelessonez

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
Crysis is a "BRILLIANT" game!! Graphics details for the time of release were way ahead of anything, which was a couple of years back! Even today, most games can't compete with Crysis in terms of graphics.

Therefore, the problem lies at your end, meaning thereby, your rig. Upgrade that, play the game....and we'll accept your apologies!

hundredislandsboy

Distinguished

Lol.... I enjoyed Crysis, played it lots w/ single and multiplayer and occasionally still play it. You can't fault it if you don't follow the minimum hardware requirements to begin with. If your car engine ask for Octane 89 minimum and you put Octane 32 and your car sputters, are you going to blame the car engine?

Collie147

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
This prob arises with this level all the time edit the short cut and stick in -dx9 at the end. Sorts the whole thing out. The developers clearly had no idea what they were doing with DirectX10 and didn't bother to test it out properly. Just stick it in direct x 9 mode and it runs like a dream! Everybody goes on about it being a resource hungry monster that never gets full, but stick it in DX9mode and its a dream to play.
Hundredislandsboy, namelessonez, - I've the minimum specs covered by a mile and it still went buggy on me on the carrier level. For my setup it was the lighting effects that caused a BSOD.

hundredislandsboy

Distinguished

Sounds like a heat issue - games runs okay, smooth then suddenly BSOD. Don't hate the game, hate the hardware.

hundredislandsboy

Distinguished

Drop in a $67 videocard like this Open Box: MSI N240GT-MD1G/D5 GeForce GT 240 1GB 128

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127483R

and you won't be blaming anyone. you'll be too amazed at what you've been missing, leaves, trees swaying in the wind, realistic water, etc... but if you have more then go for a HD 5750 or higher.

Yeah. I agree.

I can't play Crysis on my IBM Thinkpad T40 which has a 1.7GHz Pentium CPU and a Radeon Mobility 7500. What a crappy pile of bloated code is that? Worst game of the century especially since it can't even run in DOS!!!!

Oh wait....

Maybe looking at the minimum system requirements is helpful...

You've gotten all the way to the Aircraft Carrier and now are experiencing problems, you do know you're at the end of the game right?

What happened all the way to get to that point?

You don't mention any problems before then?

Your graphics card may be overheating or something like that, but Crysis itself is a great game, only held back by the hardware its running on.

If you're running the game at 800 x 600 on low settings, then it is definitely your computer relating to the problem, its probably barely meeting minimum specs.

devil hunter

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
Crysis game is newest high end graphics game with DX10 and DX9 support.

your playing a highend game in low end stsem & graphic card, so your are facing the problem. go for latest Evergreen family graphic cards like Radeon 5870/5850/5750... etc. then you can enjoy the game.

These are the possibilities to get the BSOD

1. Old SBIOS
2. Heavy Heating of your graphic card
3. Old graphic drivers

verify all the above thing and update it then your problem should resolve

nightstalker_ns

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010
crytek engine SUCKS becuz

its so damanding

but its very cool

cuz its graphics is a COOL

so every good must has a bad my frined and maybe crysis is the worst game cuz they wont fix the low fps problem and plz no one tell me its my pc cuz i run games of 2010 with 60 fps on high setting

end of story :sleep:

55Range

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2010

Get a quad core and a gtx 460, u will soon change your mind

Status
Not open for further replies.