Epox 9nda3+ memory

THECADMAN

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2004
Hi, this is my first post. I usually can find what I need from other posts but haven't seen this problem before. I recently built a computer based on the Epox 9nda3+ board and 3500 cpu. After using for a couple weeks I went to boot up one day and it wouldn't. Checked the diagnostic LED and saw code 31. Manual says a memory problem. So I removed all but 1 stick (4 sticks 512 ea. OCZ matched 3200) of ram and turned it on. It booted. Tried each stick individually in first slot to see if all were good. It booted and they are. Put a stick in slot 2 and turned it on. Locked up and gave the 31 error. Pulled stick and installed in slot 3. Turned it on. Booted fine. Pulled stick and installed in slot 4 and turned it on. Locked up again. So it boots with ram in slots 1 and 3 only. Locks up if slots 2 and 4 are used. Plus it's only running in 64 bit not 128 bit. Anyway I'm just about to RMA the board back to Epox When I remembered that the memory was controlled from the cpu on the 64's. Now I wonder if it's the board or the cpu. All components are brand new retail. I know that doesn't mean much but I thought I'd throw it in anyway. I have flashed Bios to the latest. Updated drivers to the latest. Removed everything not essential to boot and it still does it, or doesn't do it... however you look at it.
Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

sobelizard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2002
MB is faulty, not the cpu.

<font color=green><b><i>Lizards</font color=green></b> do <b>not</b> taste like <b><font color=yellow>chicken</font color=yellow></b>,<b> <font color=yellow>chicken</font color=yellow></b> tastes like <font color=green><b>lizard.</b></font color=green></i>