Socket 939 and OCZPC4200??

CaPtAiN_InSaNo

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2004
I'm upgradeing my system soon, i'm getting a Asus A8V deluxe and A643000(939's are now available) which i can OC. I'm upgradeing from my current system, i will upgrade the CPU again later when I can afford one, mainly i want a mobo that will be useful for the future upgrades, i think the 475's are running out of steam. Any how i have 1GB of OCZ DDR533 dual channel, it is compatible with the new Socket 939 boards(not the PCI-E boards, the regular joe shmo PCI/AGP versions).

P4 2.6c@3 / 1GB OCZ DDR533 / Abit IC7-Max3 /
BFG Geforce 6800 GT @ 410/1100 /
Baracuda 7200.7 120 GB SATA / Lian-Li PC-65 Case
/ SyncMaster 700nf Monitor / 3DMark03-12100

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Come over here and tell me to my face you're buying a VIA board.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

CaPtAiN_InSaNo

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2004
Yah, why? I have a A7V333 and no problems with it at all. I don't particularly care for VIA, but performance is performance and the VIA K8T800 is faster than the Nforce3and just as fast as Nforce 4 even faster in a few cases. It is on an Asus board, i have been usein them for years and i love their stuff. I have used chipsets rangeing from Via(KT333), Nvidia(Nforce2), Inte(875P), Ali(Magic1). Nvidia and Intel are my fav, but right now Via has the best performance.

P4 2.6c@3 / 1GB OCZ DDR533 / Abit IC7-Max3 /
BFG Geforce 6800 GT @ 410/1100 /
Baracuda 7200.7 120 GB SATA / Lian-Li PC-65 Case
/ SyncMaster 700nf Monitor / 3DMark03-12100

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Not from what I've seen.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I don't use a light saber, my Remington can reach out and touch someone over a mile away!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Between you and me...I've never been able to hit anything so far away I couldn't see it anyway.

Hmm, I can see the moon! Oh, it's out of bullet range!