Virtual memory problem..........

Hi All,
I try to install Window XP professional in my computer but one problem
has " Virtual memory low... " something like that so any one can you
help me what can I remove from my virtual memory ?

Thanks.

The trick is to increase the amount of available virtual memory. Since you are
installing Windows XP, rather than tweaking it, the only way to increase virtual
memory is to add more of the real memory, SDRAM, DDR or whatever.

.... Ben Myers

bdisk wrote:
> Hi All,
> I try to install Window XP professional in my computer but one problem
> has " Virtual memory low... " something like that so any one can you
> help me what can I remove from my virtual memory ?
>
> Thanks.

With XP, you really want at least 512 Megs of RAM installed for good operation,
regardless of what the instructions say. I'm guessing you've got a whole
lot less than that??

On 6 Jan 2005 13:04:25 -0800, bdisk <bhav617@indiatimes.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I try to install Window XP professional in my computer but one problem
> has " Virtual memory low... " something like that so any one can you
> help me what can I remove from my virtual memory ?

Virtual memory is memory that is swapped out to the hard disk. Adding RAM
can help. But if you are that low on hard drive space, you either need to
delete old files, or need another or bigger hard drive.