Sign in with
Your question

Fallout trouble to run the game

Last response: in Video Games
July 11, 2010 9:21:14 PM

Hello,
first of all excuse me for my poor english...lol

i have installed fallout 3 in my computer and every time the game is starting ...after few second of playing ....it always freeze.....so i tried to defrag my computer ...dosent work ...i tried to reinstall the game twice...dosent work...i'v download the new drivers for my videocard...dosent work.........................i dont know what else can i doooooooooo
July 11, 2010 10:48:53 PM

Hello And Welcome To The Forums

Whats Your Computer Specs?
(Processor,Graphics.Memory,Harddrive,OS)
Also Are You Using A Downloaded Version (legal or illegal) or cd version
July 11, 2010 11:13:30 PM

processor quad core i5 ...radeon mobility hd5470 ...4gb memory ...500gb hdd ....windows 7 64 bit...and i have the cd legal version ...
Related resources
July 12, 2010 5:09:59 AM

Hmm your system is perfect for playing this game so it's not that, when it freezes does it crash to you desktop or do you have to task manger out of it?

I Found This Do it might it might not work its worth a try

1. Click Start
2. Click “All Programs” (or just Programs, depending on the version of Windows, whether they’re using “classic,” etc.)
3. Go to the ffdshow folder.
4. Click “Audio decoder configuration.”
5. In the left hand pane, click “Info & debug.” This is the second entry in the list.
6. In the right hand pane, near the bottom, find a check box labelled “Don’t use ffdshow in:”
7. Check that box, and in the text box underneath (it lights up when you check the check box), add “fallout3.exe” (don’t include the quotes). If there is already something in that box, put a semi-colon ( ; ) after what’s already there, and fallout3.exe after that. Do NOT use spaces, since ffdshow will think that’s part of the filename. A valid entry would be “explorer.exe;fallout3.exe” (without quotes).
8. Finally, click “Ok” and start Fallout 3.

July 12, 2010 3:08:03 PM

ok when it crash i have to ctrl alt del to get back to the desktop then it sais that fallout 3 dosent answer anymore and windows trying to find the probl but whitout result .......and there is another strange thing i forgot to said ...when i am in the game menu and in the game (for the 30 sec it works lol) the mouse dosent react normally...it have some delay when i move it ..maybe it mean something ...and unfortunattly lol( im really not an expert ) i dont find the ffdshow folder in the ¨all program¨ even when i do a research :( 
July 12, 2010 6:14:00 PM

I was having problems with fallout 3 and what I found works is go to documents. Open up my games and go to Fallout3. Open up the file Fallout and a notepad should pop up. Scroll until you find bUseThreadedAI=0 and change it to bUseThreadedAI=1. Add another line under that and input iNumHWThreads=2. This should make it so that fallout only runs on 2 cores as apposed to 4. Fallout just seems that it can't work on 4 cores. It's not a perfect fix, but it made it so that I could play fallout for a few hours without a crash. Hope that helps.
July 12, 2010 9:00:42 PM

oh kingOtaku theirs an easy way to do that also its to press ctrl alt delete and then go to processes and right click and go to set affinty and make it only 2 cores you have to do it everytime you start the game but that also another way (i have to do that with thief deadly shadows)
July 12, 2010 11:46:47 PM

ok ive tried what kingOtaku said and it seem to work ...ive played like an hour and it dosent freezze ..but as he said its not perfect cuz its a bit sloww ....anyways i really apreciate your help guys thanks alot
July 1, 2011 6:25:30 AM

Mithness said:
Hmm your system is perfect for playing this game so it's not that, when it freezes does it crash to you desktop or do you have to task manger out of it?

I Found This Do it might it might not work its worth a try

1. Click Start
2. Click “All Programs” (or just Programs, depending on the version of Windows, whether they’re using “classic,” etc.)
3. Go to the ffdshow folder.
4. Click “Audio decoder configuration.”
5. In the left hand pane, click “Info & debug.” This is the second entry in the list.
6. In the right hand pane, near the bottom, find a check box labelled “Don’t use ffdshow in:”
7. Check that box, and in the text box underneath (it lights up when you check the check box), add “fallout3.exe” (don’t include the quotes). If there is already something in that box, put a semi-colon ( ; ) after what’s already there, and fallout3.exe after that. Do NOT use spaces, since ffdshow will think that’s part of the filename. A valid entry would be “explorer.exe;fallout3.exe” (without quotes).
8. Finally, click “Ok” and start Fallout 3.

When I try to start the game I click new and about a second into the loading screen it closes and says fallout 3 has stoppe dworking
!