Closed

Name this Old Spaceship game and ill love you forever

I'm trying to remember an old space melee game i used to play i want to say in the late 90's either on windows 95/98/2000 . it was set in space and it was multi player you could add more human opponents or AI opponents. it was kind of like pocket tanks but with spaceships and set in space it had better graphics than pocket tanks, and was turned based. each player had their own ship and the objective was to destroy everyone elses ship, turn by turn. you had interesting weapons like missiles, and terraforming (inserting a planet in front of certain characters. planets had gravitational pull and this would affect you if you were to move or shoot a weapon Anyone know what it was called? I vaguely remember playing it around the pocket tanks time frame as well if that helps at all. Thanks
28 answers Last reply
More about name spaceship game love forever
  1. One game that comes to mind for me is Star trek Birth of the federation as it was turn based, ship building and others you just mentioned, came out about 98 if im correct. Really cant think of any others tbh but good luck on your quest.
  2. unfortunately thats not it. it has similar looking space graphics but doesn't have 3d looking ships like that, more 2d. appreciate the effort though
  3. Its been a long time but I remember Masters of Orion was similar to that.
  4. that isn't it either.
  5. A friend of mine used to play a game called Galactic Civilizations. Thats about the only turn-based space strategy game I know of.
  6. Silent Death or Subspace / Continuum.

    Silent Death gameplay = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BvgxDCbZxE

    Subspace / Continuum gameplay = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXqS2WCN2Xc

    Thats what springs to mind anyway, I still play Subspace lol :)
  7. those look like sweet games but none of them are it either. damn this is soo frustrating
  8. I wiki'd turn-based strategy games and found this extensive list:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronology_of_turn-based_strategy_video_games

    Space Empires, Deadlock, Stars / Reach for the Stars are just some of the possibilities based on your time-frame.
  9. when i get some time ill browse through that list and see if i can come up with anything. Thanks, I appreciate it
  10. Star Control? Star Flight?
  11. neither of those are it. thanks though
  12. Diaspora?
  13. if all else fails try ...Microsoft Alleglance....
  14. Hey friend, I'm looking for that exact same game. I had a software disk back in the 90's called Games Surplus and it had a bunch of MS-DOS and Windows games on it. I had a demo of the exact same game your talking about.

    I know because you were talking about shooting terraform missiles or whatnot and some of the other missiles were like the moon walker where if you shoot it then it expands into something that looks like this o----o then it would walk on the planet and explode.

    It also had missiles that would burrow into the planet to try and get the other ship on the other side! As well as the spreader missiles where it would be one missile when it left the ship then it spreads out to multiple ones. Oh and don't forget the bouncing betty( that's what I like to call it) It would just bounce around and explode on contact with anything.

    I remember it was kinda the same concept as worms where you could change your trajectory and power because of the multiple fluctuations of gravity the planets had.

    I'm leaning toward it being called Endgame or Wargame or something like that because it had a really cool title screen when you started.
  15. Also look on this site http://www.completelyfreesoftware.com/gg10_w95.html
    as you can see I've already looked up to page 10.
  16. tvail12345 said:
    I'm trying to remember an old space melee game i used to play i want to say in the late 90's either on windows 95/98/2000 . it was set in space and it was multi player you could add more human opponents or AI opponents. it was kind of like pocket tanks but with spaceships and set in space it had better graphics than pocket tanks, and was turned based. each player had their own ship and the objective was to destroy everyone elses ship, turn by turn. you had interesting weapons like missiles, and terraforming (inserting a planet in front of certain characters. planets had gravitational pull and this would affect you if you were to move or shoot a weapon Anyone know what it was called? I vaguely remember playing it around the pocket tanks time frame as well if that helps at all. Thanks


    Is it not homeworld ?
  17. Jonathern said:
    Is it not homeworld ?


    Homeworld doesn't have terraforming, and is definitely not turn-based.
  18. Herr_Koos said:
    Homeworld doesn't have terraforming, and is definitely not turn-based.


    Don't see anyone else coming up with anything.
  19. I gave OP an entire list of possibilities. Not sure if he's worked through them all yet.
  20. Herr_Koos said:
    I gave OP an entire list of possibilities. Not sure if he's worked through them all yet.


    Must of been before my time,lol
  21. This goes to show you can think better on the toilet. I just remembered it was called Warheads. I feel so much better now.
  22. hammond said:
    Star Control? Star Flight?


    yessssssssss

    thank you, was looking for star control
  23. Star Control 2 is great. I downloaded SC2: The Ur Quan Masters two days ago.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag50ct3EBxQ&feature=related
  24. tvail12345 said:
    I'm trying to remember an old space melee game i used to play i want to say in the late 90's either on windows 95/98/2000 . it was set in space and it was multi player you could add more human opponents or AI opponents. it was kind of like pocket tanks but with spaceships and set in space it had better graphics than pocket tanks, and was turned based. each player had their own ship and the objective was to destroy everyone elses ship, turn by turn. you had interesting weapons like missiles, and terraforming (inserting a planet in front of certain characters. planets had gravitational pull and this would affect you if you were to move or shoot a weapon Anyone know what it was called? I vaguely remember playing it around the pocket tanks time frame as well if that helps at all. Thanks



    It was called Warheads!
  25. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Games Windows 95 Video Games