Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Name this Old Spaceship game and ill love you forever

Last response: in Video Games
July 12, 2010 8:10:06 AM

I'm trying to remember an old space melee game i used to play i want to say in the late 90's either on windows 95/98/2000 . it was set in space and it was multi player you could add more human opponents or AI opponents. it was kind of like pocket tanks but with spaceships and set in space it had better graphics than pocket tanks, and was turned based. each player had their own ship and the objective was to destroy everyone elses ship, turn by turn. you had interesting weapons like missiles, and terraforming (inserting a planet in front of certain characters. planets had gravitational pull and this would affect you if you were to move or shoot a weapon Anyone know what it was called? I vaguely remember playing it around the pocket tanks time frame as well if that helps at all. Thanks
July 12, 2010 10:22:46 AM

One game that comes to mind for me is Star trek Birth of the federation as it was turn based, ship building and others you just mentioned, came out about 98 if im correct. Really cant think of any others tbh but good luck on your quest.
Score
July 12, 2010 11:00:32 AM

unfortunately thats not it. it has similar looking space graphics but doesn't have 3d looking ships like that, more 2d. appreciate the effort though
Score
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
July 12, 2010 2:30:43 PM

Its been a long time but I remember Masters of Orion was similar to that.
Score
July 12, 2010 8:29:15 PM

that isn't it either.
Score
July 14, 2010 5:53:02 PM

A friend of mine used to play a game called Galactic Civilizations. Thats about the only turn-based space strategy game I know of.
Score
July 19, 2010 11:59:57 AM

those look like sweet games but none of them are it either. damn this is soo frustrating
Score
July 29, 2010 1:17:46 AM

when i get some time ill browse through that list and see if i can come up with anything. Thanks, I appreciate it
Score
August 9, 2010 8:17:26 PM

Star Control? Star Flight?
Score
August 10, 2010 12:55:31 AM

neither of those are it. thanks though
Score
August 10, 2010 9:19:46 PM

Diaspora?
Score
August 10, 2010 10:47:17 PM

if all else fails try ...Microsoft Alleglance....
Score
August 17, 2010 7:18:58 AM

Hey friend, I'm looking for that exact same game. I had a software disk back in the 90's called Games Surplus and it had a bunch of MS-DOS and Windows games on it. I had a demo of the exact same game your talking about.

I know because you were talking about shooting terraform missiles or whatnot and some of the other missiles were like the moon walker where if you shoot it then it expands into something that looks like this o----o then it would walk on the planet and explode.

It also had missiles that would burrow into the planet to try and get the other ship on the other side! As well as the spreader missiles where it would be one missile when it left the ship then it spreads out to multiple ones. Oh and don't forget the bouncing betty( that's what I like to call it) It would just bounce around and explode on contact with anything.

I remember it was kinda the same concept as worms where you could change your trajectory and power because of the multiple fluctuations of gravity the planets had.

I'm leaning toward it being called Endgame or Wargame or something like that because it had a really cool title screen when you started.
Score
August 17, 2010 11:40:19 AM

tvail12345 said:
I'm trying to remember an old space melee game i used to play i want to say in the late 90's either on windows 95/98/2000 . it was set in space and it was multi player you could add more human opponents or AI opponents. it was kind of like pocket tanks but with spaceships and set in space it had better graphics than pocket tanks, and was turned based. each player had their own ship and the objective was to destroy everyone elses ship, turn by turn. you had interesting weapons like missiles, and terraforming (inserting a planet in front of certain characters. planets had gravitational pull and this would affect you if you were to move or shoot a weapon Anyone know what it was called? I vaguely remember playing it around the pocket tanks time frame as well if that helps at all. Thanks

Is it not homeworld ?
Score
August 17, 2010 12:44:03 PM

Jonathern said:
Is it not homeworld ?

Homeworld doesn't have terraforming, and is definitely not turn-based.
Score
August 17, 2010 1:32:13 PM

Herr_Koos said:
Homeworld doesn't have terraforming, and is definitely not turn-based.

Don't see anyone else coming up with anything.
Score
August 17, 2010 1:49:36 PM

I gave OP an entire list of possibilities. Not sure if he's worked through them all yet.
Score
August 17, 2010 1:57:42 PM

Herr_Koos said:
I gave OP an entire list of possibilities. Not sure if he's worked through them all yet.

Must of been before my time,lol
Score
August 17, 2010 11:10:26 PM

This goes to show you can think better on the toilet. I just remembered it was called Warheads. I feel so much better now.
Score
Anonymous
November 22, 2010 3:41:52 PM

hammond said:
Star Control? Star Flight?

yessssssssss

thank you, was looking for star control
Score
April 10, 2011 9:07:06 PM

tvail12345 said:

It was called Warheads!
Score
April 10, 2011 10:20:38 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!