Mesh Networks

Saw a post on mesh networks. Did some googling on it. Interesting stuff.

Anyone with some practical experience of implementing such - indoors or
outdoors? If so could you tell us what you did, configuration, etc?

--
Bob Alston

bobalston9 AT aol DOT com

---

I have only read about them, there are some very interesting case studies
out there that will give you some implementation ideas

"Bob Alston" <bobalston9NOSPAM@aol.com> wrote in message
> Saw a post on mesh networks. Did some googling on it. Interesting stuff.
>
> Anyone with some practical experience of implementing such - indoors or
> outdoors? If so could you tell us what you did, configuration, etc?
>
> --
> Bob Alston
>
> bobalston9 AT aol DOT com
>

> ---

There are a few companies that do MESH now... All with their set of
problems..
Most are straight 2.4Ghz... Nortel's MESH is supposed to do 5.8 on the
backhaul
but I will believe success when I see it..

In January you will see a new type of Indoor/Outdoor MESH system which will
probably rule the city markets.

"Bob Alston" <bobalston9NOSPAM@aol.com> wrote in message
> Saw a post on mesh networks. Did some googling on it. Interesting stuff.
>
> Anyone with some practical experience of implementing such - indoors or
> outdoors? If so could you tell us what you did, configuration, etc?
>
> --
> Bob Alston
>
> bobalston9 AT aol DOT com
>

> ---

Care to do a little pre-announcing?

--
Bob Alston

bobalston9 AT aol DOT com
"Fresnel Fadermargini" <RSSI@pathloss.dbm.com> wrote in message
> There are a few companies that do MESH now... All with their set of
> problems..
> Most are straight 2.4Ghz... Nortel's MESH is supposed to do 5.8 on the
> backhaul
> but I will believe success when I see it..
>
> In January you will see a new type of Indoor/Outdoor MESH system which
> will
> probably rule the city markets.
>

> "Bob Alston" <bobalston9NOSPAM@aol.com> wrote in message
>> Saw a post on mesh networks. Did some googling on it. Interesting
>> stuff.
>>
>> Anyone with some practical experience of implementing such - indoors or
>> outdoors? If so could you tell us what you did, configuration, etc?
>>
>> --
>> Bob Alston
>>
>> bobalston9 AT aol DOT com
>>

>> ---

---

Unfotunately I can not at this time... but I will do a post in December or
so when
I am allowed to Discuss...