Did I kill the Boss or not?????Help PLS

Last response: in Video Games
October 21, 2004 9:14:41 AM

After way to many attempts I THINK I have finally killed the boss.
Took out all of the guardiand then BFG'ed the blue globe on his back.
He now just stands there facing the wall. He IS NOT stuck in the wall.
His head and arms swing about randomly. However he did not blow up or
anything. I can get right next to him. I can keep on blasting away and
he will not move. Is this normal.

Please a hint or to on how to get out of this level. Thanks

More about : kill boss pls

Anonymous
October 21, 2004 9:14:42 AM

"Joe Smucker" <nobodyf@adelphia.net.> wrote in message
news:D q9fn0h2ihg191eji77mf8igmul3r62ukh@4ax.com...
> After way to many attempts I THINK I have finally killed the boss.
> Took out all of the guardiand then BFG'ed the blue globe on his back.
> He now just stands there facing the wall. He IS NOT stuck in the wall.
> His head and arms swing about randomly. However he did not blow up or
> anything. I can get right next to him. I can keep on blasting away and
> he will not move. Is this normal.
>
> Please a hint or to on how to get out of this level. Thanks

That's not normal. You may have to go back to a previous save point and
re-play.

What SHOULD happen is he falls over when you kill him and a cut-scene plays.

The good news is... that's not the end boss there's still more fun Doom3 to
play.
Anonymous
October 21, 2004 9:14:42 AM

Joe Smucker wrote in message ...
>After way to many attempts I THINK I have finally killed the boss.
>Took out all of the guardiand then BFG'ed the blue globe on his back.
>He now just stands there facing the wall. He IS NOT stuck in the wall.
>His head and arms swing about randomly. However he did not blow up or
>anything. I can get right next to him. I can keep on blasting away and
>he will not move. Is this normal.
>
>Please a hint or to on how to get out of this level. Thanks

Yes it's normal Joe !.. Err.. Yes and No... but you have not killed it yet.
To end his misery, you must kill the last seeker and then fire the blue globe,
until he's really 'dead'.. You'll know when this is done when you get the 'reward'.

I have stumbled on this same 'Doom3 BUG', while playing the hell level.
That's how I got rid of the guy, and I thought it was 'normal' at the time.
Even wrote a TIP about it here.
Some sort of BOSS weakness I thought It allowed me to shoot the flying guyz
and never worry about aiming right at this Boss, since he was keeping still and not
even throwing fireballs anymore... Trick, cheat the beast into getting 'there'..
....How indeed; Luck, flaw, who knows.

Then it's more likely to be a bug with current Doom3 engine...
Just finish the guy; Don't even bother restarting this Hell level to do it clean.
This boss is flawed IMHO, everything before and after is coherent.

N³o
Anonymous
October 21, 2004 9:14:43 AM

"Sparky Polastri" <jafiwam@MuNGEDyahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Joe Smucker" <nobodyf@adelphia.net.> wrote in message
> news:D q9fn0h2ihg191eji77mf8igmul3r62ukh@4ax.com...
>> After way to many attempts I THINK I have finally killed the boss.
>> Took out all of the guardiand then BFG'ed the blue globe on his back.
>> He now just stands there facing the wall. He IS NOT stuck in the wall.
>> His head and arms swing about randomly. However he did not blow up or
>> anything. I can get right next to him. I can keep on blasting away and
>> he will not move. Is this normal.
>>
>> Please a hint or to on how to get out of this level. Thanks
>
> That's not normal. You may have to go back to a previous save point and
> re-play.
>
> What SHOULD happen is he falls over when you kill him and a cut-scene
> plays.
>
> The good news is... that's not the end boss there's still more fun Doom3
> play.

The boss is not dead but it is one sick puppy. I had the same thing happen.
The poor thing looked so weak I almost felt sorry for it. Kill the three
guardians one more time and shoot into the blue orb to put the creature out
of its misery.

!