Can't Connect to Wireless-B with Netgear WG311T

Benny

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi all,
I have a Netgear WG311T PCI Adapter and pick up about 9 different networks
with it. However I can only connect to the one G network of the bunch.
Signal strength is about the same for but generally low for each (45-56%) in
the Netgear Software. Any time I try to connect to any of the B APs I get
the "Wireless Network Unavailable" message. I have Auto-Config in Windows
turned off and the 802.11B in Netgear's "Advanced Settings" checked.

I have SP 1 but note SP 2 installed. I built an antenna out of a Pringles
can but the stock antenna or the external yield the same result except I
pick up a few more of them with the Yagi.

If anyone can tell me what the problem is or where to get more information
on what to do then I would appreciate it. TIA

I installed one the other day - exact same problem - it auto detected and
installed, found network, wouldn't connect.

My fix was easy - just run the software on the cd - say yes to everything
(so it uses Netgears Smart Configuration) - then it worked fine.

"Benny" <biteme@aol.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> I have a Netgear WG311T PCI Adapter and pick up about 9 different networks
> with it. However I can only connect to the one G network of the bunch.
> Signal strength is about the same for but generally low for each (45-56%)
in
> the Netgear Software. Any time I try to connect to any of the B APs I get
> the "Wireless Network Unavailable" message. I have Auto-Config in Windows
> turned off and the 802.11B in Netgear's "Advanced Settings" checked.
>
> I have SP 1 but note SP 2 installed. I built an antenna out of a Pringles
> can but the stock antenna or the external yield the same result except I
> pick up a few more of them with the Yagi.
>
> If anyone can tell me what the problem is or where to get more information
> on what to do then I would appreciate it. TIA

Benny

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I've been using the Netgear software from the start and I have always had
the problem.

"Sybrand Strauss"
<sybrand2004_at_alienoverlords_dot_co_dot_za@ignorethis.com> wrote in
message news:cl94dh$b9e$1@ctb-nnrp2.saix.net...