Can't Connect to Wireless-B with Netgear WG311T

Hi all,
I have a Netgear WG311T PCI Adapter and pick up about 9 different networks
with it. However I can only connect to the one G network of the bunch.
Signal strength is about the same for but generally low for each (45-56%) in
the Netgear Software. Any time I try to connect to any of the B APs I get
the "Wireless Network Unavailable" message. I have Auto-Config in Windows
turned off and the 802.11B in Netgear's "Advanced Settings" checked.

I have SP 1 but note SP 2 installed. I built an antenna out of a Pringles
can but the stock antenna or the external yield the same result except I
pick up a few more of them with the Yagi.

If anyone can tell me what the problem is or where to get more information
on what to do then I would appreciate it. TIA
2 answers Last reply
More about connect wireless netgear wg311t

    I installed one the other day - exact same problem - it auto detected and
    installed, found network, wouldn't connect.

    My fix was easy - just run the software on the cd - say yes to everything
    (so it uses Netgears Smart Configuration) - then it worked fine.

    "Benny" <biteme@aol.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    > I have a Netgear WG311T PCI Adapter and pick up about 9 different networks
    > with it. However I can only connect to the one G network of the bunch.
    > Signal strength is about the same for but generally low for each (45-56%)
    in
    > the Netgear Software. Any time I try to connect to any of the B APs I get
    > the "Wireless Network Unavailable" message. I have Auto-Config in Windows
    > turned off and the 802.11B in Netgear's "Advanced Settings" checked.
    >
    > I have SP 1 but note SP 2 installed. I built an antenna out of a Pringles
    > can but the stock antenna or the external yield the same result except I
    > pick up a few more of them with the Yagi.
    >
    > If anyone can tell me what the problem is or where to get more information
    > on what to do then I would appreciate it. TIA

    I've been using the Netgear software from the start and I have always had
    the problem.

    "Sybrand Strauss"
    <sybrand2004_at_alienoverlords_dot_co_dot_za@ignorethis.com> wrote in
    message news:cl94dh$b9e$1@ctb-nnrp2.saix.net...
    > I installed one the other day - exact same problem - it auto detected and
    > installed, found network, wouldn't connect.
    >
    > My fix was easy - just run the software on the cd - say yes to everything
    > (so it uses Netgears Smart Configuration) - then it worked fine.
    >
    > "Benny" <biteme@aol.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi all,
    > > I have a Netgear WG311T PCI Adapter and pick up about 9 different
    networks
    > > with it. However I can only connect to the one G network of the bunch.
    > > Signal strength is about the same for but generally low for each
    (45-56%)
    > in
    > > the Netgear Software. Any time I try to connect to any of the B APs I
    get
    > > the "Wireless Network Unavailable" message. I have Auto-Config in
    Windows
    > > turned off and the 802.11B in Netgear's "Advanced Settings" checked.
    > >
    > > I have SP 1 but note SP 2 installed. I built an antenna out of a
    Pringles
    > > can but the stock antenna or the external yield the same result except I
    > > pick up a few more of them with the Yagi.
    > >
    > > If anyone can tell me what the problem is or where to get more
    information
    > > on what to do then I would appreciate it. TIA

Wireless Connection Netgear Wireless Networking