UPRDrew

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2004
Hi guys.

I'm wondering if you can give me your thoughts. We (being a computer retailer) have purchased a motherboard from a supplier, what we thought and were told it would be an EPoX board. What we got through was an ECS 760-M OEM with no CD or manual.. The no CD and manual can be dealt with but after talking to the suppliers, they say that it is the right board and that EPoX have been bought up by ECS?!?!?!? Is this true? I've not heard of anything like it as EPoX is a worldwide company and i've never even heard of ECS so they can't be that big?!?

Is it possible that we've been a victim of some complete rubbish from the mouths of the supplier or are they really telling the truth and I had no-idea about this series of events.

Your views would be extremely helpful

Many thanks in advance

Drew

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I keep track of these things and have NOT seen anything to indicate they're telling the truth. It's possible that their importer simply changed lines and created a myth in the process.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

endyen

Splendid
FYI, ECS is the second largest manufacturer of mobos on the planet. They are building most of the crap boards available. Epox and ECS have a longstanding relationship. ECS has made most of Epox's lower end boards. As for ECS buying Epox, probablly not, as they just blew the wad buying Soyo. BTW you may know them better as Elite.
They are also a primary maker for Intel, and I think they make Saphire graphics cards as well.