I set my video to 'shadows off' in Options. The shadows go off, but they
come back on again next time I start the game. Is there a way to make this
'off' setting stay that way, until I want to change it?

Thanks

John Webb wrote:
> I set my video to 'shadows off' in Options. The shadows go off, but they
> come back on again next time I start the game. Is there a way to make this
> 'off' setting stay that way, until I want to change it?
>
> Thanks

Once you've got things the way you like, make your config files
(doomconfig.cfg and optionally autoexec.cfg) read only. Multiplayer
will override certain settings, but next time you restart, everything
will be intact for single player.

pop

edit the ...\base\doomconfig.cfg and change seta r_shadows "1" to seta r_shadows
"0" or put seta r_shadows "0" in an ..\base\autoexec.cfg

--
pop is Mark
Old age ain't no place for sissies.