LinkSys BEFW11S4 and D-Link DWL-800AP+

Has anyone used the Linksys BEFW11S4 and the D-Link DWL-800AP+ with success?

My Linksys has been in use for over a year now but I have a need now to
access the InterNet from a location near my home.

I need to extend the range of my Linksys AP and wondered if all I need is
the DWL-800 running in REPEATER mode?.......ie receive the repeated signal
on a PC fitted with a PCI card at the location near my home. I can fit
extenal antennas if required and install the repeater high in the roofspace.

Hope I made my request for help/information clear.

Thanks Victor.

---
More about linksys befw11s4 link 800ap

    I've tried the 900+ with the Linksys BEFW11S4 in repeater mode without
    success.

    "Victor Gi4LKG" <victor.tait@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > Has anyone used the Linksys BEFW11S4 and the D-Link DWL-800AP+ with
    success?

    > My Linksys has been in use for over a year now but I have a need now to
    > access the InterNet from a location near my home.
    >
    > I need to extend the range of my Linksys AP and wondered if all I need is
    > the DWL-800 running in REPEATER mode?.......ie receive the repeated signal
    > on a PC fitted with a PCI card at the location near my home. I can fit
    > extenal antennas if required and install the repeater high in the
    roofspace.

    > Hope I made my request for help/information clear.
    >

    > Thanks Victor.
    >

    > ---

D-Link Linksys Internet Wireless Networking