VNF3-250 onboard audio probs plus some Z-640 stuff

thebladeroden

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2004
First off, I've had these Z-640s for about 2 years. I've probably carted them around more than the average user what with the college life and all. A few months ago I noticed I had to position the 3 wires behind the center speaker at a certain angle or else I'd lose the sound signal. Usually it just involved curving the wires until the speaker and wrapping them taut. But over time this got worse and I had to use more elaborate configurations until now where I can't arrange anything to get signals from all channels at once.

Anyway, now I must figure out what to do now.

1.Take the speakers to some sort of repair shop.
2.Do-it-yourself soldering.
3.Trash the speakers, new speakers cost less than any repair job.
4.Stick to headphones.
5.Other

And problem number two. I've been trying to switch from using my Sound Blaster Live! card (which uses the C-Media 9738 AC/97 Codec) to the Chaintech VNF3-250's onboard audio becuase it does 5.1. I managed to get most of it working except the front right channel has no signal when all the others do. And no, this wasn't because of the speakers I tried it out with two pairs of headhones too.

So did anyone else have similar issues? Do you know what I could do to the mobo to fix this?

TRENDING THREADS