Audio puzzle, NF7-S

Decker87

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2004
Here's the problem: I have an aspire X-Dreamer II case, which has a green 1/8" jack in front and a red, for stereo sound and microphone, respectively. For these, inside the case it has two cables with a green and red 1/8" male (to go to the mobo, I presume). Right now I don't have those connected to anything because I don't know where to connect them. I have 5.1 speakers, however at night I like to plug in my headphones so it won't wake anyone up. What I want it to do is what my stereo does...Where once I plug my headphones in, the speakers stop playing. However I'm not sure how to accomplish that, especially since my speakers are 5.1 and use three 1/8" jacks. I'm assuming this is a connection problem with the motherboard. What can I do?

tweebel

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2004
Somewhere in control panel you should be able to change to output from 5.1 to stereo headphones. You'll only have to deplug the main output adn of course replace it with your headphones (or put a switch at the output) and put a link on your desktop to manually switch the output with 2 clicks or something. Will also give you better sound quality. Should do, otherwise it'll probably involve soldering.