Sign in with
Your question

Best Games You have played and waiting for..?

Last response: in Video Games
July 17, 2010 4:39:21 PM

Just want to know the best games according to you, which you have played till date,,,and games you are been waiting for...:) ..(ONLy pc games..)

Best games for me : half life, half life 2, fear, nfs mw, deadspace, masseffect 2, crysis warhead, call of duty modernwarfare 1 and 2, just cause 2, dirt 2,burnout paradise, diablo 2..

games in queue : fallout 3, gears of wars 4, bioshock 2, batman arkham asylum, battlefield
and am waiting for dead space 2 :D  i really enjoyed deadspace.

More about : games played waiting

July 17, 2010 7:23:38 PM

My favorites:

Deadspace, Far Cry 2, Crysis, Stalker series, Fallout 3, Mirrors Edge, Battlefield series, Wolfenstein, Doom 3, Alien Versus Predator, Half Life Series, Portal....

Lookign forward to Brink, Deadspace 2, Mirrors Edge 2 and Portal 2,HL Episode three and Fallout Online.
m
l
July 18, 2010 4:05:13 PM

Pretty Much anything Valve has made, F.E.A.R. series (minus 2, kind of sucked), Stalker series, Diablo Series, Max Payne series, Neverwinter Nights, Red Faction Series, Battlefield series, Call of Duty series (uo ti and including COD4:MW, they have destroyed that series since then)

waiting for Half Life Episode 3, Portal 2
m
l
Related resources
July 18, 2010 7:09:45 PM

I still couldn't find anything better than halflife and halflife-2..the feeling of 'vastness' in it is amazing..and physics..is the best to-date..
<3 hl 3...will be another bkthrgh game hopefully..<3
m
l
July 20, 2010 3:11:59 AM

oops2001 said:
Just want to know the best games according to you, which you have played till date,,,and games you are been waiting for...:) ..(ONLy pc games..)

Best games for me : half life, half life 2, fear, nfs mw, deadspace, masseffect 2, crysis warhead, call of duty modernwarfare 1 and 2, just cause 2, dirt 2,burnout paradise, diablo 2..

games in queue : fallout 3, gears of wars 4, bioshock 2, batman arkham asylum, battlefield
and am waiting for dead space 2 :D  i really enjoyed deadspace.

not looking forward to GoW 3? skipping to 4 eh :sarcastic: 
m
l
July 20, 2010 4:22:24 AM

Current:
Killing Floor, Mass effect series, deadspace, Half Life 2, starcraft, command and conquer series (except 4, they screwed with the whole dynamic of the series)

MW2 - Although they stuffed it, MW2 has taken up >350hrs of my game time...you can argue it's crapness cause we didnt get the dedicated servers as we liked...but it's still a very decent game.

Waiting for:
Diablo 3. I will have no life once that game hits. Work, diablo 3, sleep. And Starcraft 2.
m
l
July 20, 2010 5:00:19 AM

pilotkira said:
not looking forward to GoW 3? skipping to 4 eh :sarcastic: 

LOL I mean GOW 3 sorry...my bad..thnks for pointing out :) 
m
l
July 20, 2010 5:01:56 AM

hooray4boobies said:
Current:
Killing Floor, Mass effect series, deadspace, Half Life 2, starcraft, command and conquer series (except 4, they screwed with the whole dynamic of the series)

MW2 - Although they stuffed it, MW2 has taken up >350hrs of my game time...you can argue it's crapness cause we didnt get the dedicated servers as we liked...but it's still a very decent game.

Waiting for:
Diablo 3. I will have no life once that game hits. Work, diablo 3, sleep. And Starcraft 2.

Diablo 3 OO yes....even I am waiting for it but i guess..it will be released in 2011?
m
l
July 20, 2010 7:52:50 AM

best games: starcraft warcraft 3 diablo 2 daiblo 1 neverwinter nights crysis

looking forward to: diablo 3 starcraft 2 COD black ops
m
l
July 20, 2010 11:38:15 AM

The best game I ever played was Mafia.I'm looking forward to Mafia II, Crysis 2 and Deus Ex :Human Revolution.
m
l
July 20, 2010 1:38:33 PM

Im a huge strategy game nerd so its gotta be Shogun Total War II and Civ 5.

New editions for two of the best series available on the PC. mmmmmm..... just the thought makes me feel all tingly and warm and fuzzy inside.

:bounce: 
m
l
July 20, 2010 2:29:40 PM

Civ 5 = countless sleepless nights lol :p . It should be atleast great like the Civ 4
m
l
July 20, 2010 8:05:52 PM

civ 4 was ok rlly too slow paced for me though.
m
l
July 21, 2010 4:08:02 AM

oops2001 said:
Diablo 3 OO yes....even I am waiting for it but i guess..it will be released in 2011?

Yeah mate, last i heard they pushed it from Q4 2010 to Q2-Q3 2011 :-( waited this long for it...i can wait another year i guess lol better be worth it!!
m
l
July 21, 2010 4:38:42 AM

yea i know hooray im dissopintated D: and hollyy fack ur comp looks like it costed like 3000 D:
m
l
July 21, 2010 4:51:52 AM

Yeah, was pretty expensive...but justified since i'm either on the comp or on the dirtbike...both hobbies needing pretty open budgets lol

Ended up being $4800AUD'ish...the 5970s being half of that. Very overkill since the only game that works them out is Crysis on "enthusiest" and forced eyefinity...and i don't even like the game. Thinking of getting rid of one 5970 :-S
m
l
July 21, 2010 5:10:03 AM

LOL wow yo 2 of those in crossfire is abit overkill i only got 1 5770 but it still wrecks games (within a limit) its awesome :D 
m
l
July 21, 2010 7:54:00 AM

I personally feel crysis is really overhyped game I have seen equally beautiful games running damn smoothly on mid range machines.
COD series is so appealing so light on GPU's and even half life 2 today looks very sharp and beautiful.
Things should be balanced..not like you create a game like crysis which is okay in terms of gameplay but still many single gpu's struggle to play it. bad coding?
Anyone playing or played singularity? like to know more about it..if it has the thrills nd tension :) 
m
l
July 21, 2010 10:37:12 AM

being a huge mmo fan ffxi is still the best game ive played though i recognise it had massive flaws. i like some fps but rpgs are what i enjoy the most. i loved world at war too, oh and command and conquer red alert for windows 95/98.

but no one waiting on final fantasy xiv!? :o 

i cant wait for it, hopefully it fixes all the shortcomings FFXI had and is a big step up in graphics!
m
l
July 21, 2010 12:07:58 PM

There really isn't much I'm waiting for right now...SC2 of course but that's only a week a way...hardly a blink for me nowadays.

Maybe Mass Effect 3...I got the 1st one years ago but only played it for a couple of hours...got the 2nd and decided to give the first a try before starting 2 and got hooked.

I've since rebuilt my box so I'm playing a lot of games that would barely run or not run at all on my old PC (SupCom 1 & 2, Crysis, DAW2, TW Empire, Oblivion, etc.) then I'm gonna get back into Dragon Age and finish that before starting another ME cycle.
m
l
July 21, 2010 4:48:39 PM

bioware is the ***, they have 3 of my top 5: Mass Effect, KotoR, Dragon Age, Fallout 3, Portal.

The wait until ME3 will be almost unbearable :'(  at least there will be New Vegas to tide me over...
m
l
July 21, 2010 7:23:23 PM

Ultima 7a, 7b (that's it).
Diablo 2
Mass Effect
KoToR 1 (not 2)
Dragon Age
Fallout 3
Starcraft 1 (maybe 2 when it's not $60)
Star Wars Commandos
Civ 3 & 4
Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion
Left 4 Dead (1 and 2)
BF Bad Company 2

Current: Borderlands
m
l
July 22, 2010 3:07:51 AM

I'm just waiting for Fallout: New Vegas and most likely Elemental: War of Magic.
m
l
July 22, 2010 4:39:03 AM

I think I will start batman AA :p  when I am done with splinter cell conviction I am loving it :D 
I have heard good things about fallout series I will give it a shot in between tooo..
m
l
July 22, 2010 10:13:00 AM

Best older favourites: Deus Ex, Giants: Citizen Kabuto, Shogo: MAD, Thief series, Hitman 1, Beyond good and evil, Grim Fandango, Bioforge, Nomad Soul, Anachronox, FFVIII.... To be honest this list could carry on for a while so ill stop here.

Best newer Favourites: Half-Life 2 + eps, Vampire: Bloodlines, Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, KotoR 1 + 2, Theif 3, Hitman: Bloodlines, The Witcher, MW2.

In the current queue (well.... on the shelf): Bioshock, Crysis, Fallout 2 (game kept crashing very early on no matter what updates, upgraded the whole system since last time so fingers crossed), Spore and Mass Effect 1 + 2.

Eagerly awaiting: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, a new thief and hitman game, Beyond good and evil 2 (if its not been stuffed like it was reported), Doom 4, Crysis 2 and the Witcher 2.
m
l
July 22, 2010 12:20:32 PM

for me devil may cry 4 and waiting for dmc5 and resident evil 5 for me is the best game and waiting for the next game
m
l
July 22, 2010 1:25:41 PM

I agree with what you guys are saying. Crysis is a beautiful game that was really far ahead of its time, but the gameplay is mediocre at best, and the missions don't exactly push you through the storyline.

Its like "HOLY *&^%" theres a big metal squid eating people!

ok lets go kill some more koreans and blow up a boat.

rinse repeat

That is the vibe I get from the game.
m
l
July 22, 2010 10:52:58 PM

I agree about Crysis. Sure the graphic is good but my eyes do not care about graphic that much... and I enjoy Star wars Commandos much more than Crysis.
m
l
July 23, 2010 3:47:16 AM

Yeah, once you get over the awe of how pretty the water looks...you quickly realise how *** the game really is ;-) back in the day though...it was the greatest thing to hit pc. Pushed graphics a large amount into the future...right now all we're getting is damn console ports :-(
m
l
July 23, 2010 4:22:47 AM

lol yes crysis is not at all an addicting game..looks good thats all...
and well games like these should come once a while..so that big names like ati and nvidia could sell ther new GPU's..;)..its all marketing thing too..
You put some not so noticable shaders in a game bringing down the fps to min. and then u run to buy new gpu's lol crazy...
its amazing how hardware is getting obsolete every5-6 months..
and right now while typing I am playing mario..yoshi's island lol..much more enjoyble thn crysis ;)  :p  cheers
m
l
!