AI Booster wants me to disable C&Q?

Crey

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2004
I just recently got an Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe. I'm not having any big problems, but this message popped up when I first booted, and I haven't been able to make any sense of it.

AI Booster
Cool and Quiet has been enabled, please disable it first. You could do this by entering the BIOS setup menu.

What the heck kind of message is that? It doesn't give any explanations or anything. I turn C&Q off in the bios, and it stops complaining, but if I ever turn it on again, it complains. Any ideas what's going on here? Should I trust in AI Booster and turn it off or leave it on?

TheRod

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2002
Probably related to "AI Booster" settings in your BIOS. Maybe it'S some kind of warning that using the "auto-overclock" in conjunction with Cool & Quiet is not recommended. I suppose you can deactivate that warning. But, you should keep C&Q ON, since it will cool down your when you will do soft task like Web Surfing, etc...

-
A7N8X / <font color=green><b>Sempron 2800+</b></font color=green> <- <i>Is this affecting my credibility?</i>
Kingston DDR333 2x256Megs
<font color=red>Radeon 8500 128Megs</font color=red> @ C:275/M:290 <- <i>It's enough for WoW!</i>