Tv tuner card playstation 3

timetraveller1992

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2010
Hello,i just bought a playstation 3 and found that it sucks to play on my tv screen. I use the computer very often and was wondering if its possible to connect the ps3 to my computer via tv tuner card. The advantage would be that the video output goes to moniter and audio to speaker and i can use both the ps3 and computer side by side. Can someone tell me how this can be done?

Solution
well you wouldn't be able to use it for a TV, just for a console (as you would need the TV tuner in the monitor, and that is expensive)

if it's just for a PS3 (or other console with hdmi out) i have the Asus 23.6" 1080P monitor, on newegg it's less than $200

:eek: , I was using my TV card and the Sat decoder, which is using the composite input, for reference and whilst there is a delay it's not as bad as that! I guess if you must use a console you better have a telly. :lol:

timetraveller1992

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2010
The time lag issue would make gaming really difficult, it's only 0.5 - 0.75 seconds or so (numbers pulled from my arse by the way) but it will be noticeable.
Well i guss 0.5 seconds is better than a 4s delay. Do u know a good tuner than doesnt have this delay too?!?! I need to buy 1 for the PC. BTW if i get tuner i can also plug my tv cable into it and record stuff to my PC :D

well you wouldn't be able to use it for a TV, just for a console (as you would need the TV tuner in the monitor, and that is expensive)

if it's just for a PS3 (or other console with hdmi out) i have the Asus 23.6" 1080P monitor, on newegg it's less than $200

Solution

timetraveller1992

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2010
oh. i get it. So its for PS3 as well as computers. This TV tuner card must be affordable. I think the rate is 4000INR here means some $80. And considering the price of the moniter being 10k INR is not really that much. Value and usefulness comes before price. Thanks for the info! I really gotta read more stuff! :p

So if i get this moniter plus a tv tuner i can use it for both computers as well as tv screens.. right? thx a lot!