Sign in with
Your question

Resident Evil 5 Installation Error 1335; 'Data1.cab' corrupt

Last response: in Video Games
July 19, 2010 12:08:07 PM

Hello People, i'm getting this error when i try to install Resident Evil 5 on my PC. I installed before on my old PC (sometime last year) which was a Core 2 duo e7400, 3GB 800mhz RAM, Gigabyte G31 board, 512mb 4870, Windows Vista 32bit and it worked fine. However, when i try installing it on my current build (see profile) it brings up this error:

"The cabinet file 'Data.Cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package."

I've tried copying the contents of the DVD into a folder and install it from there but it still brings up the same message. Can anyone help me? I know its a bit old and most of you have probably completed it and forgotten about it, but please if you know a workaround/fix to this problem please help me out.

Thanks.

July 19, 2010 12:21:16 PM

Where did you get the CD/DVD from? Is the DVD scratched? Is it the original, legitimate DVD or a copy?

July 19, 2010 12:35:54 PM

I'm using an image i made as a backup of the original DVD. Its what i used initially as the install source but when i got the error message i dug it up and tried using it, same thing... I'm using Win7 64 bit btw.

And thanks for replying man.
Related resources
July 19, 2010 4:02:49 PM

Have you tried installing it on another machine? Also, try cleaning the DVD and the DVD-ROM lens to see if that clears it up.

Also, I can't remember if the game requires you to install with a network connection to verify the game or not. I don't remember that. Is your computer connected to the internet?

Also, some people have ran into problems with the Games for Windows Live aspect of the game. Have you installed the latest Games for Windows Live client? You can download that from Microsoft's web site.

Also, do you have all the latest patches and drivers installed on your machine as well? Otherwise, I would say try installing the game on another machine if you can and see if the same error persists.
September 5, 2011 2:54:23 PM

I tried to install RE5 , But failed then appear a note : Error 1305 Error reading from file e:nativePC\image\archive\s116.arc
What should I do???
!