Calling all experts,advice needed

petrolhead2003

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2003
I've just fitted my new motherboard K7 upgrade 880.
My old motherboard was a nforce 2 ultra board.

I've started it up in safe mode and i asume that i need to unistall the old motherboard drivers(chipset and sound).

Whats the easiest way of doing this and is there anything else i need to do?
The only new part is the motherboard/cpu, everything else is as before.

Is it as simple as just going into the hardware and uninstalling and then immediately installing my new drivers?
XP pro sp2 being used.

------------------------------------------------------------
XP has installed everything for me.....i'm in shock, and it's worked..................thudddd......(windows user passes out after a successful install for new hardware)...

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by petrolhead2003 on 12/27/04 02:38 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
What CPU did you get?

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Scout

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Your post is a little confusing, but I take it you swapped the board and CPU. Personally, I don't take the time to uninstall the old board/sound drivers. WinXP seems pretty good at ignoring drivers that don't match the current hardware. All you should really need to do is slap in the CD that came with your new motherboard and install the new drivers and you should be good to go...

Scout
700 Mflops in SETI!

petrolhead2003

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2003
I've fitted a SH 2600barton, previously had a xp2000.
And i've got a brand new sempron2800(brought because i could'nt get the board to work....new PS needed).
Runs a bit hot though-54c !!!
I'm going to refit the HS/fan,just incase it's not seated properly.

This motherboard can be upgraded to either a 754 Athlon64 or a 939(with an expansion card), this is why i brought this board and it only cost £32.Nice for the future.