V710 antenna Jack?

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
August 19, 2004 1:17:07 PM

I live in a fringe area and frequently need an external antenna connected to
my phone. Could someone with a v710 look and see if there is a jack on the
phone for connecting an antenna?

Thanks,

Sam Durbin

More about : v710 antenna jack

Anonymous
August 19, 2004 1:17:08 PM

Their is a rubber cover on the back in the right spot of about the right
size for an antenna jack. I have not seen one taken off though to verify it
is an antenna jack.

-Eric

"Sam" <harmony@hotxspammail.com> wrote in message
>I live in a fringe area and frequently need an external antenna connected
> my phone. Could someone with a v710 look and see if there is a jack on
> the
> phone for connecting an antenna?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sam Durbin

August 19, 2004 7:41:20 PM

Sounds like the same spot as on my V60 for an external antenna.
They make a hands free car kit, so you can bet there is a way to hook up an
extra 'tenna.

"Eric Rosenberry" <erics@R3MOVErosenberry.org> wrote in message
> Their is a rubber cover on the back in the right spot of about the right
> size for an antenna jack. I have not seen one taken off though to verify
it
> is an antenna jack.
>
> -Eric
>
> "Sam" <harmony@hotxspammail.com> wrote in message
> >I live in a fringe area and frequently need an external antenna connected
> > my phone. Could someone with a v710 look and see if there is a jack on
> > the
> > phone for connecting an antenna?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Sam Durbin

August 20, 2004 12:26:28 AM

Yes, it does. I took the grommet off and went out to the garage and hooked
up my external mag-mount antenna. The connector I leave on the end of the
antenna cable is for the Nokia 5100/6100 series, but it works with my old LG
4400 also. It appears to fit the 710 as well (!) - although it looks like
the center conductor could be a bit longer on the adapter end. I'm not sure
if a v60 adapter would fit better, I can't remember that particular
adapter's shape and size off the top of my head.

Point is, it does have a jack and it appears to work just fine - you could
try a Nokia adapter, but I would look for a Motorola specific adapter, it
might have a better fit when seated.

Regards,

Jon

"Sam" <harmony@hotxspammail.com> wrote in message
>I live in a fringe area and frequently need an external antenna connected
> my phone. Could someone with a v710 look and see if there is a jack on
> the
> phone for connecting an antenna?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sam Durbin

August 20, 2004 3:38:03 AM

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 20:26:28 -0500, "Jon Clark"
<jsclarkNOSPAM@visi.com> wrote:

>Point is, it does have a jack and it appears to work just fine - you could
>try a Nokia adapter, but I would look for a Motorola specific adapter, it
>might have a better fit when seated.

Correct.

I have the Wilson Mini-Mag Mount antenna, and the actual adapter that
works with the V710 is the 359909. It is the same one that works with
the T720/730 among others, including the LG VX6000 and 3200!

My 4400 used the 359910. I don't know if it fits or not...I just went
and bought the 909.

Mike
!