Lanparty UT NF3 250Gb EIDE problem

BikeGuyLHS

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2004
I just built a computer for my friend using a DFI Lan Party UT NF3 250Gb M/B. 512MB HyperX 3200DDR (was 1gig, but one of the sticks had problems) 120gig Western Digital SATA main drive, BFG 6600 GT OC, Toshiba DVD-+RW 16x, 420w power, Windows XP Pro SP2. The initial install was hell because of the bad ram, took 2 days to figure out. In the end everything work fine so i added the other accessories, an old DVD drive and a 60 gig EIDE western digital backup drive. Things work for a while, but then then the screen just went blank, the comp stays on but does not respond to keyboard commands to restart or shutdown. Manually shutting down the computer would boot all the way up to right before desktop would show up after the windows loading screen and then the computer would die again. I reduced the problem to the backup drive. If the drive is taken out, then the computer works fine. The drive itself is fine and works okay on my own computer. I've looked on DFI's site and the board is pretty new, so only one bios update and it doesn't concern the EIDE.

Does anyone has any idea what the problem might be?

pat

Expert
You can try to use Microsoft ide drivers instead of nvidia one and WD hdd doesnt like to have a jumper if use alone, as master, so remove the jumper if that is the case.

-Always put the blame on you first, then on the hardware !!!

TRENDING THREADS