Constant random sounds coming from my computer!!

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
i swapped out my old mobo and replaced it with a shuttle nforce2 board. now i constantly have loud static, random beeping and a "squeaking" (kind of like an old atari video game)sound when i minimize or maximize a window. if i use the mouse scroll, i get more static etc... anyone have this before? its driving me nuts. i had an nforce2 board in here before and had no problems. ive updated the drivers.

Sometimes I think I'd be better off dead. No, wait, not me, you.

RichPLS

Champion
Is it maybe sound effects for min/max 'ing windows, maybe???
Try disableing PC internal speaker, and turn volume down on external speakers to see if that is it.

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
nah, nuthin like that. i tried everything i could. when i turn on my external speakers, it starts. very loud static, random buzzing and beeping and strange sounds when i min/max a window or scroll. i tried the different speaker inputs and everything else is the same as the old system that worked fine.

Sometimes I think I'd be better off dead. No, wait, not me, you.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Hey, I get that once in a while with my P4 system! I narrowed it down to a software issue: when I'd change my desktop theme, the noise would go away. I'd change it back, and it was still gone!

No, I don't know what causes it, but I'm glad it's a software issue.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>