MSI K8T NEO2 and 9700

DonDada

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2005
I've just bought a new setup consisting of the MSI K8T Neo2 F Mainboard (6702E), AMD64 3200, 2x256MB OCZ DDR400. Now the problem that I am having is with my video card. I have a Radeon 9700 Pro (built by ATi) and it does not seem to work with the board. I have an Enermax 465-Watt PSu with 26 amps on the 12V rail, so thats not a problem. I already went to ATi (not far from my house) and they gave me a brand new 9700. I've talked to MSI a few times to ask them what I can do, and they haven't been able to tell me much. the last thing i did was change the AGP voltage in the BIOS to all the different settings, but the computer remains unstable. I've tried other, less powerful cards, and they work fine. all the software is up to date, and i would just like SOME HELP PLEASE!!!!

endyen

Splendid
First off, rest assured, that card will work fine with that mobo.To set your mind at ease, put your xp disk in, and when the first screen pops up, click "check system compatability", and go through the testing.
If you have put an nvidia graphics card within one foot of the mobo, the detonator drivers have seeped in, and now you have to do a clean install.
Make sure that, in bios your primary grahics is agp. Try turning off the fast writes.
Do not rely on xp's catalyst, it causes problems.
Make sure the agp drivers are loaded. Load them again. Get a newer version of directx. Let the mobo auto detect for all things graphic.
The best tip I can give you, is to send you to the graphics forum. Some of those guys eat drink and sleep graphics cards, and many have a fondness for the 9700 cards.