Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Oblivion
  • Xbox 360
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
July 23, 2010 7:49:04 AM

Ahoy!

I just bought a new custom PC and it kicks butt. I bought Oblivion because it's an awesome game and I'd only played it on the Xbox 360. Now I was wondering if it would look better to have HDR on, or to put anti-aliasing up all the way. I'm not really sure what either do exactly, just asking for opinions. (I would have searched the forums but I couldn't figure out how to do that. Sorry.)

Thanks for the help.

More about : oblivion anti aliasing hdr

July 23, 2010 4:41:44 PM

try each for yourself and see which you like
July 24, 2010 9:56:46 PM

naturalrhythm said:
Ahoy!

I just bought a new custom PC and it kicks butt. I bought Oblivion because it's an awesome game and I'd only played it on the Xbox 360. Now I was wondering if it would look better to have HDR on, or to put anti-aliasing up all the way. I'm not really sure what either do exactly, just asking for opinions. (I would have searched the forums but I couldn't figure out how to do that. Sorry.)

Thanks for the help.

Higher Dynamic Reflection make the game more realistic with shadows of items and glittering reflection of water!

Anti Aliasing gets rid of jagged ends in scenery and people smoothing them out to straight lines!
July 24, 2010 10:30:40 PM

It looks better with both, just enable HDR in game and force the AA through your gfx control panel. Been able to do that even since the ati "chuck" patch. Worked on nvidia cards ever since they were capable of it with the 8 series.
!