Problems with A8N-SLI Deluxe and 2 Gigabyte 6600GT

RowBob

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2005
recently purchased an A8N-SLI Deluxe motherboard and two Gigabyte GeForce 6600GTs (GV-NX66T128D-3), with the intention of running them using SLI. I went to Gigabyte’s website and saw that I had to update the VGA BIOS for the video cards in order to run them in SLI. So I shut my PC down removed both cards, switched the SLI selector to single, put one of the cards in, updated the VGA BIOS for that card, and then the same for the other card. I then put the SLI selector back on dual card, and placed both cards in their respective slots. I then booted up and tried to install NVidia’s Graphics drivers. (66.93) But during the installation, after the monitor turns on and off 3 times, while the installer says “Installing Driver Components” the computer locks up. So after this point I tried many things, I tried some of NVidia’s beta drivers (all above 66.93 in the number screen) and some of them didn’t even blink three times in the installation some of them just caused my monitor to lose signal (at the same point). I also updated to A8N-SLI Deluxe Beta BIOS 1003.005, but still with the same problem. I also tried updating the chipset’s drivers to ones from NVidia’s site rather than ones on the CD that came with the motherboard. I then reinstalled windows, still with no change. I then switched the two video cards so the one previously in the primary slot was in the secondary, and vice versa, but there was still no change. I cannot install any of NVidia’s drivers ever since I updated the VGA BIOS. Please, any help would be greatly appreciated.

*EDIT*
Another thing I forgot to mention. I once tried to install the drivers in Safe Mode. The installation finished, but when I rebooted the computer I got a blue screen, which I couldn't get around without going back into safe mode and removing the drivers.
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by RowBob on 01/07/05 03:16 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

mrwhipper

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2002
Did you try and install the vid driver while not in sli mode with just one card?

They are our, fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, friends, neighbors. They are OUR TROOPS! Please support them.

tweebel

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2004
Make sure you have connected the auxliray power connectors.

If you can, do a complete reinstall with first mainboard drivers and then newest nVidia drivers.

Try installing with only one card in the system at a time - don't just switch to non-SLI with both cards in the system. If it doesn't work with one card then try with the other card.

"He who will not risk, cannot win"
- John Paul Jones