Motherboard/AGP port defect ??

preps

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2005
I have problems with my Leadtek TI4600U. But I would like to have your oppinion on wheter it is the mobo or the TI4600 that has the defects.

It all startet out with some small errors in the textures when gaming, it has slowly increased and now my screen (IBM 20.1" TFT) is flashing an frequently jumps to standby mode. The screen-updating is slow and jumpy and has a lot of pixel errors. This now happens when just running WinXP and no other applications.

What I have done to solve the problem:
1 Re-installed different kind of AGP-drivers matching Nvidia TI4600 - no change

2 Installed another PSU - no change

3 Turned of many of the AGP settings in BIOS - no change

4 Set Hardware acceleration to 0 - no change.

5 Installed another AGP card (TNT2 32mb) and the it works OK. Then installed the TI4600 in another PC, and it works OK.

All drivers are up2date.

I conclude that it must be my AGP port on the Mobo that has some defects - Do you agree ?? Or do you have any other suggestions ??

All help is very appreciated.

My setup is:
Asus A7N8X DeLuxe, AMD Barton 2600+, 1024 mb Samsung DDR3200, Leadtek TI4600U, Seagate Barracuda 7200.

thx
Martin

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
It could be the card overheating...

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

preps

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2005
I for sure knows it's not a heat problem, as I have cleaned the heatsink, refittet it with Arctic Silver Pasta, added 2 more fans to the AGP-card, and been running with open cabinet while testing.

I stayed up this night re-installing XP Home to make sure it was not a driver conflict, unfortunately it did not help.

I also borrowed another TI4600U, it was ASUS though I figure it will provoke the same errors as the Leadtek. But it's running fine.

So I i'm pretty sure that it's the Leadtek that failes - right ??