Sign in with
Your question

Haegemonia - Vista Problem

Last response: in Video Games
July 24, 2010 3:37:40 PM

Yo
I've been googling around for some time already but I've never found any solution for this problem: Any time I play Haegemonia on Vista (and apparently it happens on Seven as well) after 30-ish minutes the game crashes with "Sound System Error" message. That's it. It appears to be a common problem but so far I was unable to find any solution...so I beg for help here, heh.

Thanks
July 24, 2010 5:12:45 PM

Oh yes, I forgot to mention that it's most likely not system related. Pure Vista/Seven problem.

But for sake of not further acting like a retard, here:

AMD Turion X2 (the 2200 Ultra ZM82 version)
Radeon HD 3650 / HD 3200 (no idea which one is active since my GPU drivers are messed up)
4096/800 DDR2
Realtek HD Audio (I think...)

Anyway, it's a laptop, Asus M51TA-AS028C.
July 24, 2010 5:16:37 PM

Also, here is something relevant.
Related resources
July 26, 2010 8:53:03 PM

I wouldn't post here if I didn't do basic stuff before. Reinstalling the game, newest drivers, trying it on another PC... As I said, it's not related to PC in any way...most likely.
July 26, 2010 9:23:41 PM

Yeah, people have asked, nobody got any solution though. Even GoG who are supposed to give the games today-ready don't have a solution for this, as far as I know. But eh, you never know when you run into someone who actually have figured that out ^.^ I guess I'll give it a try as well, thanks.
February 17, 2012 2:29:04 PM

hi im not sure if i have discoverd the SOLUTION TO THE SOUND ERROR of Haegemonia The Solon Heritage

while testing some files in sound folder of haegemonia TSH i have found ERROR WAVE FILES

here it is...

directory ....Haegemonia/Haegemonia - The Solon Heritage/Sound/Screens

ERROR FILES
Szovegkiiras-02loop.wave
Szovegkiiras-03loop.wave

SOLUTION
1.rename the error files to Szovegkiiras-02loop.wave_error and Szovegkiiras-03loop.wave_error
(its for retrival thing if my experiment will not work...)

2.make two copy the Szovegkiiras-01loop.wave and rename it.

3.the files will look something like this...

Szovegkiiras-01loop.wave (original)
Szovegkiiras-02loop.wave (copy1 rename from Szovegkiiras-01loop.wave)
Szovegkiiras-03loop.wave (copy2 rename from Szovegkiiras-01loop.wave)
Szovegkiiras-04loop.wave (original)
Szovegkiiras-02loop_error.wave (original renamed)
Szovegkiiras-03loop_error.wave (original renamed)

it has worked for me....^_^ but i need a better RTS

edited:
oops i spoke too soon after playing 6 hours the game sound system error appear again... grrrr
February 17, 2012 4:40:35 PM

Sounds good. What differences does that make ingame? Except for not crashing, of course. And what did you test the files with? Neither Winamp nor VLC has noticed any errors.
!