Win 7 RC freezes during install

flycap93

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2009
hello when i install windows 7 rc it finishes everything than at the COMPLETEING INSTALLATION ... it freezes including the mouse. any ideas as to what is going on. i tryed it on another computer and it works there but not on my pc, even after i reformat the HDD

Solution
Remember KISS, Keep It Simple Stupid. Remove everything that is not necessary to install Windows including disabling the sound and network adapter in the BIOS and anything else that you can disable. If you get windows to install re-enable the devices one by one until you find the problem hardware.
Remember KISS, Keep It Simple Stupid. Remove everything that is not necessary to install Windows including disabling the sound and network adapter in the BIOS and anything else that you can disable. If you get windows to install re-enable the devices one by one until you find the problem hardware.

Solution

madmax808

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
I ran into this before once. I HAD to have the monitor connected via VGA, rather than HDMI or DVI. Not until I did that did it finish. As weird and unrelated as that sounds, it was actually the solution. Took me some hunting online, but someone else was having similar problems.

TRENDING THREADS