Sign in with
Your question

Anyone know this game?

Last response: in Video Games
July 25, 2010 2:11:19 AM

I played this game years and years ago and have never been able to remember the name. the details I remember:

I remember it to be kinda like Diablo, in that you control the guy, talk to people, need to pick up objects etc.

you get hired by a king to find his daughter, he lives in a huge castle.
on 1 of the quests you need to find the werewolf. so you go around and accuse people 'you're the werewolf' it turns out to be the farmer and if you didn't pick up the gun he would kill you.
there is a village where you can go and talk to people, as well as buy items you need.
there are lots of different monsters to kill.
there is also a guy who was turned into a tree, to rescue him you had to burn him, he screams a lot. I think his ashes were needed by a witch for a potion.

I think he rescues the daughter, but in the end the king turns out to be the villian. sorry there aren't more details. i do remember it's an old world look, so no modern cars or anything. I've looked online for different games on and off for years, but no luck. If anyone has any ideas please post them, I have been looking so long this is on my 'bucket list'.

More about : game

July 26, 2010 10:32:13 PM

kimdwc said:
I played this game years and years ago and have never been able to remember the name. the details I remember:

I remember it to be kinda like Diablo, in that you control the guy, talk to people, need to pick up objects etc.

you get hired by a king to find his daughter, he lives in a huge castle.
on 1 of the quests you need to find the werewolf. so you go around and accuse people 'you're the werewolf' it turns out to be the farmer and if you didn't pick up the gun he would kill you.
there is a village where you can go and talk to people, as well as buy items you need.
there are lots of different monsters to kill.
there is also a guy who was turned into a tree, to rescue him you had to burn him, he screams a lot. I think his ashes were needed by a witch for a potion.

I think he rescues the daughter, but in the end the king turns out to be the villian. sorry there aren't more details. i do remember it's an old world look, so no modern cars or anything. I've looked online for different games on and off for years, but no luck. If anyone has any ideas please post them, I have been looking so long this is on my 'bucket list'.

Is it the Game Remnant or Planescape Torment
m
l
July 28, 2010 8:35:20 AM

I checked both of those, but they are too recent. Planet torment looks pretty cool though. It was back in the 90's that I played it. thank you for the response though. right now I'm playing starcraft 2, so I probably won't stress about the game for a few years, lol.
m
l
Related resources
October 30, 2010 2:38:56 PM

May be one of the games from King's Quest series from Sierra studios. :) 
m
l
November 2, 2010 12:40:58 PM

It wasn't the right game but a huge THANK YOU!! It made me go and search again online and I finally found it, it's Veil of Darkness. Sylvia is the werewolf. I'll have to write the name down so I don't forget!! It was published in 1993 by Event Horizon Software. Thank you again guys, I am not kidding when I say that I have been wondering about this game for years. Finally 1 of my life mysteries solved, lol.

Kim
m
l
!