Chaintech NForce4 Ultra?

JustysRule

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2004
Seems like the more time I spend thinking about my computer, the more changes I keep making to it. I'm thinking about going with S939 3200+ now instead of the s754 3400+. Should basically cost me the same, but I'll have PCI-E for future upgrades, and more potential for overclocking.

Anyways, I came across this motherboard:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-152-049&depa=1

I kinda wanted to stick with soltek, asus, or abit motherboards, but this thing has SATA2 and PCI-E, plus the price is good! But the old saying goes, you get what you pay for, so I'm kinda leery. Anybody using this board that could help me decide?

pat

Expert
I would say try it! Sure you wont have the peformance of the 3400+ (remember that the 3200+ 939 perform just a bit better than the 754 3000+) but that could be interesting to hear from you about your experience!!! How good it is at overclocking to get some performance back from that "weak" cpu... It always take one..now that your turn.

fact is, SATA2 is what will make me upgrade next, much more than PCIe or s939.

My dream board, socket 754 nforce 4 based mobo.

-Always put the blame on you first, then on the hardware !!!

pat

Expert
After a closer look, I see that it use the same layout for memory as the soltek k8an2e-rg, with the memory slot on top of the cpu and that it look small. Could fit well in a small case.

JustysRule

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2004
Do you think that would be a problem? I planend on getting a Evercase w/ a Fan Duct, would it still line up properly with the CPU fan?

pat

Expert
I dont think you will have a problem with its smaller foot print, my Soltek allow for longer optical device to be installed in my small case without hitting the memory stick. This board is simply narrower than one with memory stick on the side, allowing cleaner installation.

I consider that as a +.

TRENDING THREADS