1X (Express/NA) and a WiFi network

By using the create new connection in XP (instead of what Mobile Office
tries to install), I created regular dial-up entries (both high speed and
low speed), shared em, and used them as ICS (Internet connection sharing) on
both my wired and wifi network. It's pretty cool, and lets me do the DOD
(Dial On Demand) stuff from other computers on the network when it needs an
internet connection. I haven't been able to try it with the high speed
always on 5220 card for either 1X or EVDO (I don't have one with me, I'm on
vacation, as a matter of fact in Las Vegas which has EVDO active!), but the
MO software with venturi 2.3 for the card, does NOT allow sharing on a
network, but I wonder, if the same sort of thing (use regular dial up
instead of mobile office) will let you share an always on high-speed
connection, like the 5220/EVDO on a wired or wireless network. Does anyone
have the stuff to try it, or anyone with a laptop/card coming to vegas in
the next 3 weeks or so that cares to try it? (I'm by Sams town, on Boulder
Highway, and have the network in my room)

Peter,

I hope to get around to trying that, I know I can do a regular dialup
connection with the PC 5220, just haven't had time to try the ICS. I'm in
the midst of hurricane coverage, so I won't get around to it for a bit,
though.

--
Thomas M. Goethe