Dell Inspiron R Line Gets Core i3/i5 and Intel WiDi

Status
Not open for further replies.

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]Need more detail on the $449. Let me guess:1GB RAM, 160GB HDD.Not good.[/citation]
let us not forget how great the quality of dell laptops are!.......................*cough*

lauxenburg

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
[citation][nom]SAAIELLO[/nom]WiDi is short for wireless display. You can get Wi-Fi routers that can hook up to an HDTV to display your desktop.[/citation]

In other words, you think you are too cool for wires.

lauxenburg

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
[citation][nom]edeawillrule[/nom]Too...Much...GLOSS!!!*runs away screaming*[/citation]

Ah my teach has one of them. They are the cheapest looking pieces of crap I have ever seen. It seems that if I leaned on it a bit too much, there is a great possibility I crush it in half.

G

Not good, what do you want for $449, it's a whole lot better than what others are offering for that price.

pojih

Distinguished
May 21, 2009
LoL 8gb of ram and 640 of HDD space? Really? hehe.. I'd rather have half of the ram and double the amount of hdd... but maybe thats just me

rubberjohnson

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2006
[citation][nom]SAAIELLO[/nom]WiDi is short for wireless display. You can get Wi-Fi routers that can hook up to an HDTV to display your desktop.[/citation]
Jane you probably should have mentioned that little tidbit in the article :)

Djhg2000

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
[citation][nom]chickenhoagie[/nom]let us not forget how great the quality of dell laptops are!.......................*cough*[/citation]

Let me just say I'm typing this on a 5+ year old Dell Inspiron 6000.
It's getting a bit worn out, but any laptop that survives the 5 year mark of constant day-to-day use without any major hardware failure is a good laptop in my book.

edeawillrule

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008
[citation][nom]djhg2000[/nom]Let me just say I'm typing this on a 5+ year old Dell Inspiron 6000.It's getting a bit worn out, but any laptop that survives the 5 year mark of constant day-to-day use without any major hardware failure is a good laptop in my book.[/citation]

Dell's current laptops are not anywhere near the quality that they were when your Inspiron was new. It's quite sad. I've always sworn by Dell and I still do, but if they keep going on this path of making their laptops so glossy, plasticy, and poorly constructed I'll have to start recommending other brands like ASUS.

G

pls send the location dell inspiron intel corei3 graphics update file

Status
Not open for further replies.