Sign in with
Your question

ASUS A8N SLI HELP

Last response: in Motherboards
January 12, 2005 1:32:55 AM

Hi, i just bought an ASUS A8N SLI DELUS motherboard. I am still waiting for my graphics card so in the mean times i used an ATI 3D RAGE pci card. It was working fine for me. Everything was installed when i changed some bios features. I changed the video input from auto to 1 card. After this i lost picture and i dont get a signal from my card anymore.

Does anybody know how to reset the bios setting on my motherboard manualy. I dont know if there is a jumper or not. I contacted asus and they technical support sucks and thye said they will call me back. By the way, i purchased 1x 6800GT 256mb sli

ASUS 440BX P3B-F, Intel P3 @ 553Mhz, 128Mb Pc133 Ram, nVidia Gefore 256, IBM 20gig HD, Creative Sound Blaster Live,Lg Cd-Burner, Creative 52x Cd Drive, Microsoft Windows XP Pro/2000 Pro Duel Boot

More about : asus a8n sli

January 12, 2005 2:27:16 AM

it is written in your manual..if you dont have it, you can download it on Asus web site.

Easy, doenst it?

-Always put the blame on you first, then on the hardware !!!
a b V Motherboard
January 12, 2005 7:17:30 AM

If you can't find any other method to reset BIOS, you can try taking the battery out and flipping it over. Then take it out again and put it in the right way. The shape of the battery means that flipping it over will not "reverse polarity" but ground the chip (such as a reset jumper would).

Do that with the power disconnected.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
January 12, 2005 9:18:13 PM

thanx for help. I found the jumper,,, it was hidden by the bottom. It's fixed now thanx.

ASUS 440BX P3B-F, Intel P3 @ 553Mhz, 128Mb Pc133 Ram, nVidia Gefore 256, IBM 20gig HD, Creative Sound Blaster Live,Lg Cd-Burner, Creative 52x Cd Drive, Microsoft Windows XP Pro/2000 Pro Duel Boot
!