2 (or more)Wireless Xbox 360 Controllers for Windows on one PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobBosman

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
Hi everyone,

I've got an Wireless Xbox 360 controller for Windows and I love it (though I prefer keyboard and mouse for some games).
But I was wondering if anyone knows if its possible to connect another wireless xbox 360 controller to the pc receiver? And can this also be a normal controller, since the windows version is more expensive?
If so it becomes possible to play with 2-4 friends on one pc (with a split screen like in Blur or on one screen as in FIFA) in games who support this without having to buy several Wireless Xbox 360 controllers for Windows again.
I know I can easily test this myself if I had an xbox with wireless controller(s), but I don't have an xbox and thus no controller(s). :non:
And yes, I'm aware of the fact that one person could use keyboard + mouse and one could use the controller when playing with just 1 friend, but when playing with friends I prefer to play games on my beamer (an Acer H5360 for those who are curious) and both my keyboard and mouse are with cable....

Ps. Not sure if this is the right forum section to ask this, so forgive me if it isn't.

RobBosman

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
Ok, I found out the answer already but thought I'd post it since it might be usefull for someone in the future.
According to the XBox360 helpdesk it's possible to connect up to 3 normal wireless xbox 360 controllers to the receiver you got when you bought the wireless xbox 360 controller for windows. :sol:

Jack_Cookie

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2010
That's cool to know, I was always curious. But I just felt I should add, I'm pretty sure the "PC controller" and the "360 controller", are both actually the exact same thing in different packaging, or did you notice something that would prove otherwise?

RobBosman

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
Well, just that when you buy the PC controller they'll add a receiver to the package which you got to connect to an usb-port.
Because the PC controller also works on the XBox I was hoping the other way around it would also work and luckily it does.

motasim

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
Sorry, just to clarify: does this mean that if I get buy on MS wireless xbox controller for windows (with the receiver) , I can just buy a normal xbox wireless controller (for xbox 360) and use it as a second controller for PC gaming? :eek:

Sorry, just to clarify: does this mean that if I get buy on MS wireless xbox controller for windows (with the receiver) , I can just buy a normal xbox wireless controller (for xbox 360) and use it as a second controller for PC gaming?

I don't think so; the 360 controllers will allow up to 4 people, just like the 360, but based on my limited testing, other PC controllers will not act the same way. [That is, they will always be seen as the equivalent to Player1].

You can get around this though, but you need at least two 360 controllers:
1: Hook non-360 controller to PC [Player1]
2: Hook up the two 360 controllers [Seen as Player1 and Player2]
3: Disconnect the Player1 360 controller; now the non-360 controller is seen as Player1, and teh 360 controller as Player2.

I for one would be interested if there way a way to force a 360 controller in Windows to change to Player2 if only one controller was present...

Status
Not open for further replies.