Sign in with
Your question

Quality gaming headset for the money

Last response: in Video Games
July 26, 2010 5:35:03 PM

Hey guys I'm looking for a headset that is good for music AND gaming. My budget is 100 dollars or less, I'd prefer to spend the least possible amount of cash. I'm a budget gamer.

I could get a steelseries 4h for 30 dollars off craigslist brand new.

I could get a plantronics 367 for 40 dollars.

Feel free to recommend headsets that are worth the money and are good quality! thanks!
July 26, 2010 6:22:34 PM

This may be an odd suggestion but I use a 360 headset for my PC. It's the Turtle Beach Ear Force X1, got it for about $60 in Canada last November. The turtle beach headsets are pretty nice, the benefit of this one was that it was corded, so even though it's a 360 headset it functions as a PC one too. (and I prefer cords so I don't have to worry about batteries)

It's just a really nice one because it's well built, very comfy and fits my big head. It's the little things like the mouthpiece, its very durable and easy to move into a comfortable spot.

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/recertified-products/ear-force-x1.aspx

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/xbox-gaming-headsets/ear-force-x11.aspx

X11 is just a newer version apparently.
m
l
Related resources
July 28, 2010 1:59:56 AM

huhjunn said:
Hey guys I'm looking for a headset that is good for music AND gaming. My budget is 100 dollars or less, I'd prefer to spend the least possible amount of cash. I'm a budget gamer.

I could get a steelseries 4h for 30 dollars off craigslist brand new.

I could get a plantronics 367 for 40 dollars.

Feel free to recommend headsets that are worth the money and are good quality! thanks!

Goto Saitek's website and check out their cyborg headphones 5 in 1 surround sound for around 60-70 bucks!
m
l
July 28, 2010 7:43:51 AM

Also check teh Roccat Kave - another 5.1 headset.
I got it for about 80 euros (I'm in Belgium) so I don't know how it will translate in $...
m
l
July 28, 2010 5:49:30 PM

I have speedlink medusa 5.1s but I don't know how much they are where you are. I read a few reviews before buying and have been pleased.
m
l
July 28, 2010 7:15:51 PM

Can I get that link for Medussa's Headphones 5 in 1?
m
l
October 24, 2011 2:47:16 PM

Go with the Turtle Beach line bro, you want regret a single dime. They are affordable, comfortable, and display amazing audio abilities.

Turtle Beach Review
www.turtlebeachreview.com
m
l
!