Last resort

Can someone tell me why I can't get my dsl modem to connect or detect my
Linksys wireless router? I've tried the setup several times, but I can't get
this thing to work properly. Any help in this area is greatly appreciated.

Eddie

Does it work when connected to a PC? If so you may need to clone the
mac address of the nic in the pc to your Linksys... I don't know about
dsl, but that's what I had to do with my cable modem...

"LINKWRT54G" <linkwrt54g@aol.com> wrote in message
> Can someone tell me why I can't get my dsl modem to connect or detect my
> Linksys wireless router? I've tried the setup several times, but I can't
get
> this thing to work properly. Any help in this area is greatly appreciated.
>
> Eddie

I had the same problem using the setup CD w/ my WRT54G. I had to manually go
into the router via its ip address using the web browser, go into the setup
page and manually type in PPPOE logon/password. It connected to my ISP and
everything worked fine after that. I could never figure out why the setup CD
version of connecting it up would never work. Hope that helps.

> njkat@eclipse.net (gene martinez)
>Date: 10/23/2004 12:05 AM Eastern Standard Time

>Does it work when connected to a PC?

It configures to the pc.

>If so you may need to clone the
>mac address of the nic in the pc to your Linksys... I don't know about
>dsl, but that's what I had to do with my cable modem...

I'll check that. Thanks!

Check to see if you have PPOE, set up instead of dhcp.

> > njkat@eclipse.net (gene martinez)
> >Date: 10/23/2004 12:05 AM Eastern Standard Time
>
> >Does it work when connected to a PC?
>
> It configures to the pc.
>
> >If so you may need to clone the
> >mac address of the nic in the pc to your Linksys... I don't know about
> >dsl, but that's what I had to do with my cable modem...
>
> I'll check that. Thanks!

Other things to check are the ethernet cable is it a straight or
crossover? Also check the port speed. Some cables/dsl modems can only
do 10 half and not 100 full etc. Lastly check to see if your router is
in gateway or router mode? mine would only work in gateway mode.