diplomat696

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2004
Ok, I changed my boot screen with style xp and after a while removed the extra boot screen, now when I boot though it still gives me the option to boot and show the old boot screen but obviously because i uninstalled it etc etc the default windows boot screen now appears minus the professional part of the xp pro logo, how do i get my boot screen back to the complete default and stop xp from forcing me to hit enter to select which boot screen i want to use when im loading up my computer....?

rubikian

Distinguished
May 20, 2002
For the boot menu, right click on my computer, select properties, then goto Advanced tab and click on settings in the Startup and recovery. Choose your default operating system through the drop down list and set the time to display operating systems to zero.

AthlonXP 2200 @ 2GHz, 512MB DDR400, 64MB Abit Ti4200, 40GB Maxtor, 120GB Western Digital, 48x24x42 TDK CDRW, 16X ASUS DVDROM, SB! live 5.1DE, Lifeview 3000 TV card...

diplomat696

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2004
Thanks for the advice boot, I will give it a try tonight and let you know how it goes. Its a bit of a non-issue really as im about to instal my OS onto new raptor 74Gb hard drive, will be brand new so no problems but if i want to fix in the future hopefully this should be useful....

pat

Expert
alternatively, in that screen, you could edit the boot.ini and remove the old screen entry.

-Always put the blame on you first, then on the hardware !!!