Starcraft demo ?

halfway

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2010
I hate to even ask but does anyone have a spare trial key? My comp refuses to run a handful of games with any sort of stability and one of them is WOW, so I'm hesitant to drop $60 on something that I might not even be able to play.

halfway

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2010
I hope this doesn't break the no cd-key rule, not looking for a real key just the trial. Not in a position to buy any hardware right now and while I'm right at the recommended specs I'm just a little paranoid about blizzard games on this rig...

Two tips for you:

1) Don't hijack someone else's thread.
2) Don't ask for any form of key in a forum, no-one will be daft enough to actually post it (although some folks never cease to amaze me..)

Start a new thread, post you system specs, then we can have a look.

halfway

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2010
It isn't the specs it's the constant bluescreens with WoW that make me nervous about bliz games.

Why would it be daft to give out a trial key? If the majority of your friends already bought the game you might have a spare, it's just the 7hour trial key, I don't want anyone's real code...
Figured since calvin's question had already been answered it would be less spammy to post here than to create a new thread.

What prevents half of the forum from trying to use the key if it gets posted here?

Anyhow, bluescreen errors very seldom have anything at all to do with the game itself. It's much more likely to be a hardware/driver problem.

Homeboy2

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006

duh, thats why he probably wanted someone to private message him. As long as its someone's trial key and they willingly give it to him whats wrong with that?

halfway

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2010
Thanks homeboy, that's what I was looking for. I found a coworker with a spare key and it's downloading now :)

I agree on the bluescreen issue if it ever happened doing anything except running WoW, could be a driver conflict but I was in the process of quitting and didn't care that it crashed 2-20mins in. I'll keep my fingers crossed for SC2