SOLTEK support not up to par?

Nitrom

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2004
I am thinking to purchase a Soltek Mobo to build a new computer.
However I had trouble locating their website in the first place.
They are not in the US.
All contacts are via e mail exclusively if U have a problem with the mobo.
If you have to RMA the mobo U have to send it either to TAiwan or Germany.
Their SUPPORT pages, FAQ's and downloads are not as complete as I saw it in ASUS or ABIT websites.

They do not provide a Tech support phone number nor for customer service...and if you wanna venture to call them anyways you have to make an international phone call. AT the other end you get corporate ppl dedicated to sales and not responsible for technical issues.

I think it SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would you buy a motherboard from them?

silverpig

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I have one and am very happy with it. I am going to continue to buy Soltek from now on too.

Their support is amazing. There was a thread over at AT in the forums that was started by a Soltek employee asking for problems we had. We told her our issues, she answered questions, and what she had no answers for she brought to the engineers and got us a new BIOS version made that addressed our issues. What other company does stuff like that?

s signature has been formatted to fit your scr

pat

Expert
Look in the forum section at anandtech.com and in the motherboard thread. there is one too at pcperspective.com in their forum

-Always put the blame on you first, then on the hardware !!!

pat

Expert
Well, I always use Soltek motherboard for my built and the only time I need thair support was for my computer with a glitch with the promise onboard controller. A quick e-mail at their support and the next morning, I had a new BIOS in my e-mail that fixed my glitch. That all I need in term of support and I'm sure you will hear good and bad thing about support for every company in the world.

The Soltek representant told peoples at one forum that they plan to open an US office later. So That would improve support.

"However I had trouble locating their website in the first place."
By the way, if you type Soltek in Google, you will have the link to their web site at the first page, first choice... So sorry, but if you can't figure that, then I understand that you need support...

pat

Expert
Sorry to bring that thread back, but I think that it may be interresting to some people to know that, if you have a soltek board which has suffer from the bad capacitors problem, and are ready to do the fix by yourself, then go <A HREF="http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=371675" target="_new"> here</A> and read the thread. You'll find instruction to have Soltek to mail you replacement capacitor to bring your board back to life.

I think that it is good support!!!!