new gaming machine advice

jriding

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2005
I am looking at building a new higher end gaming / pen testing box. I am looking at going with a p4 3.2e or p4 3.6e cpu. Following that I am wondering what are good mobo's to go with this cpu. I am looking to have SATA drive as well as eide drives. I would also like the option of at least 2gb ram or more. I haven't done over clocking so that could be a mute point unless its just do this and that and it will always work with no failures. I will also need advice on a good solid high end (not the highest but maybe the one just under that or a step below that) graphics card.
as well as what kind of memory I should put in it. any advice on this would be great. Thanks.

OK so I have some more CPU's to look at. What are good make and models of motherboards to go with the cpu's? I am planning on playing things like world of warcraft, everquest II. thanks again for you time and posts.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by jriding on 01/18/05 10:06 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I'd use a 3.2C, better performance with lower heat.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>