hp deskjet 880c won't print w/new cartridge

Last response: in Computer Brands
a b α HP
January 12, 2005 9:00:11 PM

I ran out of ink and put in a new HP black ink cartridge (yes I removed
the tape). It got the top half of each line faintly printed, now
nothing. Aligning and cleaning cartridges prints nothing and neither
does the test page. The color has not worked in years. I would like to
get that working again too someday.
Thanks,
Lisa
Anonymous
a b α HP
January 13, 2005 5:42:17 AM

It's probably time to add the 880c to a landfill. Inkjet printers are becoming
throwaway items. The manufacturers all make their money from the ink
cartridges, so why make a sturdy printer?

You might make one last ditch effort to get the printer working again. The HP
web site has a procedure for physically cleaning the area around the cartridge
and print head, both of which are fairly delicate... Ben Myers

!