hp deskjet 880c won't print w/new cartridge

I ran out of ink and put in a new HP black ink cartridge (yes I removed
the tape). It got the top half of each line faintly printed, now
nothing. Aligning and cleaning cartridges prints nothing and neither
does the test page. The color has not worked in years. I would like to
get that working again too someday.
Thanks,
Lisa
1 answer Last reply
More about deskjet 880c print cartridge

    It's probably time to add the 880c to a landfill. Inkjet printers are becoming
    throwaway items. The manufacturers all make their money from the ink
    cartridges, so why make a sturdy printer?

    You might make one last ditch effort to get the printer working again. The HP
    web site has a procedure for physically cleaning the area around the cartridge
    and print head, both of which are fairly delicate... Ben Myers

    On 12 Jan 2005 18:00:11 -0800, "webmaker" <lisarupe@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >I ran out of ink and put in a new HP black ink cartridge (yes I removed
    >the tape). It got the top half of each line faintly printed, now
    >nothing. Aligning and cleaning cartridges prints nothing and neither
    >does the test page. The color has not worked in years. I would like to
    >get that working again too someday.
    >Thanks,
    >Lisa

Hewlett Packard Hardware Deskjet Computers