linksys WPC54G and netgear router MR814

My scenario is: My deskop is wired to the router (netgear MR814) and
it maintains its connection to the internet. My notebook (Win XP) is
using a linksys wireless card (WPC54G) and it can maintain the
connection to the router but after a few minutes loses the connection
the internet.

Any ideas or suggestions? I have a feeling that the "windows"
wireless connect utility is clashing with the linksys utility.

thanks
Stewart
3 answers Last reply
More about linksys wpc54g netgear router mr814

    Try going into control panel/administrative tools/ services
    and disabling wireless zero configuration.

    Dave G

    "Stewart Rogers" <srogers74@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > My scenario is: My deskop is wired to the router (netgear MR814) and
    > it maintains its connection to the internet. My notebook (Win XP) is
    > using a linksys wireless card (WPC54G) and it can maintain the
    > connection to the router but after a few minutes loses the connection
    > the internet.
    >
    > Any ideas or suggestions? I have a feeling that the "windows"
    > wireless connect utility is clashing with the linksys utility.
    >
    > thanks
    > Stewart

    Here is some reading material for you
    http://arstechnica.com/news/posts/1080251780.html

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;811427&Product=winxp

    "Stewart Rogers" <srogers74@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > My scenario is: My deskop is wired to the router (netgear MR814) and
    > it maintains its connection to the internet. My notebook (Win XP) is
    > using a linksys wireless card (WPC54G) and it can maintain the
    > connection to the router but after a few minutes loses the connection
    > the internet.
    >
    > Any ideas or suggestions? I have a feeling that the "windows"
    > wireless connect utility is clashing with the linksys utility.
    >
    > thanks
    > Stewart

    Great. This worked.

    Now if I could just get my "Windows Me" and "Windows XP" to see each other.

    Stewart

    "Dave G" <dgrinne1@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message news:<T_wed.29663$yP2.11625@tornado.tampabay.rr.com>...
    > Try going into control panel/administrative tools/ services
    > and disabling wireless zero configuration.
    >
    > Dave G
    >
    > "Stewart Rogers" <srogers74@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > My scenario is: My deskop is wired to the router (netgear MR814) and
    > > it maintains its connection to the internet. My notebook (Win XP) is
    > > using a linksys wireless card (WPC54G) and it can maintain the
    > > connection to the router but after a few minutes loses the connection
    > > the internet.
    > >
    > > Any ideas or suggestions? I have a feeling that the "windows"
    > > wireless connect utility is clashing with the linksys utility.
    > >
    > > thanks
    > > Stewart

Wireless Routers Connection Linksys Internet Wireless Networking